“Perfect coffee ......cake next time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coffee at No 9

Coffee at No 9
Ranked #9 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Kettering
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Northants
“Perfect coffee ......cake next time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Popped in on my way to work on the off chance it could be good for a coffee and I wasn't disappointed...it was terrific just the way I like it and I am sure it would be just the way anyone would like theirs.
I would have loved to try the fabulous cakes that were on offer unfortunately ( or fortunately) didn't have my Husband with me who always leads me astray....next time?
Cafés like these in communities deserve to be supported and congratulated especially offering such great standards.
BIG thank you.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Bats7
Coffeeatno9, Owner at Coffee at No 9, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we really do appreciate hearing that you enjoyed visiting out little coffee shop & we hope to see you many times more. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us how you feel. X

Herefordshire
“Fantastic welcome and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We visited on two consecutive Sundays during the Feb half-term. We found the staff to be very welcoming, the food was all freshly prepared and good, and all at a very reasonable price.

Well done folks and see you again soon.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Howard V
Coffeeatno9, Owner at Coffee at No 9, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy you enjoyed your visits and We are all very touched that you picked our little coffee shop to visit on your long journey. X
“What a gem! Truly lovely.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

What a gem! A small village coffee shop in the heart of Mawsley. You wouldn't know it was there, unless you live nearby, and in my view is certainly worth a visit. The atmosphere has a lovely buzz of everyone enjoying a lunch or coffee, and the owners are truly welcoming. Today, my young family were incredibly well catered for, with a fresh made to order lunch that was yummy and healthy, while I enjoyed the best hot chocolate ever! Following on Facebook and reading reviews, this place has quite the reputation for its cakes - a great variety, homemade by the owner, (who has exceptional baking skills), and in my view - cakes to die for! Thank you - we will be returning.

Visited March 2014
Coffeeatno9, Owner at Coffee at No 9, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really enjoy hearing from people that enjoy visiting our little coffee shop. We look forward to seeing you again. X
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I was expecting better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This was my first trip to 'Coffee at No 9', and if I'm honest, I expected it to be very good from all the 5* reviews. However, I was disappointed; the service was very unfriendly and it took about 10 minutes for our coffee, lemonade and cakes to be bought over. The staff seemed perfectly friendly to all of the 'regulars' but our drinks were bought over and simply put on the table, no 'enjoy', no smile, the staff seemed more busy talking to the regulars than serving us first timers. As I work in the catering business, I know how important good and friendly service is especially being an individual business. Nevertheless, the cakes were tasty.

• Visited January 2014
Coffeeatno9, Owner at Coffee at No 9, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your comments we appreciate the good and the bad as it can only help us improve our service.
I'm sorry you felt unwelcome, please know that is not our intention. I know it is no excuse but we were very busy on the day you visited and were trying to get all orders complete ( Im sure you can understand this as you also work in the catering business) .
As for the time it took for your order, we try to complete all orders as soon as we can but as you can appreciate if a few people arrive at the same time you can only work through them one at a time. Also our coffee is ground freshly for each person so it takes time to prepare the perfect cup. X
Please don't think we are only welcoming to regulars, yes we ask them how their day is as we have come to form a great relationship with a lot of the villager but trust me, we are just as interested in every customer. They were all first customers once.
I ask you please to return to our friendly little coffee shop and please discuss your issues with me over a complementary coffee. i really am upset that you left our coffee shop unhappy.
On an up note we are really glad you enjoyed your cakes. X
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic..delicious..super child friendly .. Generally fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I visit coffee at no 9 on a regular basis... The owners heather and Luke and the rest of the gang are very welcoming and friendly even to the point that i can go in alone enjoy my cake and coffee and have a nice chat to the staff... It's very relaxed and like being part of a little family whilst your in there. The food is amazing especially the soups and the chocolate brownies which I defy anyone to taste better elsewhere. There is a corner with a selection if toys and comfy sofas if you take children .. My children love it .. They enjoy the milkshakes and egg on toast! And my little boy loves the dinosaurs ... What's fantastic is even though the little ones make a mess it's never a problem. I also have had several birthday cakes made and they are absolutely brilliant . Big point to end with is the prices are great value for money . Love this place ! X

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Wheeler952
Thank you so much for your lovely review we are very touched.
As we have children ourselves we try very hard to make not only you but your children as comfortable and catered for as we can. We understand how difficult it is sometimes to simply enjoy your coffee.
We look forward to your next visit. X