“The oldest Indian in town and still the busiest! Perfect all round.”

The Royal Bengal Kettering
Ranked #32 of 209 Restaurants in Kettering
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The meal deal is excellent. I just moved from London late 2013. I'm a curry expert especially because I used to live near brick lane curry mile. Must say I tried all the curry houses in Kettering now and I'm definitely sticking with the Bengal. Great atmosphere, marvellous food. The boss (ABdul) I think been running this restaurant last 30 years. That explains it.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have been to the Royal Bengal in Kettering a few times but never shared my thoughts on this restaurant
My wife and I had a late thought of "Lets go for a Curry" ... so on a Friday night at 7:30pm we headed to the Bengal as we have never had a better meal in Kettering.
The place was near overflowing but as always they found us a table after 5mins.
Within a short time the poppadum's arrived nice and fresh and with the usual smile. We chose our mains and what can I say - the flavours are absolutely heaven, this is quality food compared to other places nearby.
I must say for a last minute decision - it was a lovely evening
I cannot praise the staff enough as they are so friendly and nothing is too much bother.
My only gripe on Indian eateries - they insist on that awful Lager ! Lager is for Girls or Australians, no place on my world for Lager - give me a real man's Beer please.

Well Done Bengal - see you very Soon

phil206, Manager at The Royal Bengal Kettering, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thanks for your kind words they are much appreciated , Bitter is available as well as Lager but if you have any ideas of what you would like to see then please let us know.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We went for a family meal earlier this week as a party of seven. The food was excellent, and the staff were as accommodating as always. Every dish demonstrated a different flavour and all were of a high quality.

People tend to overlook the Royal Bengal in favour of The Raj (a few doors down), but the Royal Bengal has a much friendlier atmosphere. It delivers brilliant food every time with excellent value for money.

Can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

The restaurant and service is are possibly not the best but the food certainly is. Without a doubt the best in Kettering and I'm pretty sure I've tried them all.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Getting to be a weekly Haunt for us now,the meal deal is second to none and the staff are really friendly, i can seriously recommend this place. A+

1  Thank bob b