“Great short break”

Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife wanted a Saturday night break in a comfortable hotel with a leisure club and good restaurant. Kettering Park lived up to our expectations; the bedroom was very comfortable, we had an enjoyable lunch, very good dinner and good breakfast and enjoyed the spa. The hotel was quite busy but the staff worked very hard and were most polite; very good customer service in all areas. The dinner, bed and breakfast rate was very fair. We would stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay and that we lived up to your expectations.
Here at the Kettering Park, we strive to deliver excellent customer service as well providing a “Small Details, Big Difference” approach and I was delighted to read that we achieved this for you. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team and thank you for your recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed one night on a dinner bed and breakfast rate very good value for money. Nice room friendly staff good food. Shower was excellent couldn't find a hairdrier which was a pain. Breakfast was buffet styled although a waitress served you your hot food. Didn't use the pool or spa facilities but plenty did ,it was half term and the hotel did loads for children staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and particularly liked our infamous Shire breakast! We also pride ourselves on a “small details, big difference” approach which includes providing activites for our infant guests, our V. I. Little P’s, during their school holiday breaks therefore Half Term breaks can be particularly popular.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

i found this hotel to be comfortable with excellent leisure facilities. the room was spacious and the staff friendly and helpful . they were also excellent regarding the fact that i have an assistance dog with me because i am hearing impaired . i travel quite often due to the nature of my work and i do not always find that staff are aware of their responsiblitys with regard to the equalites act . all in all , i enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We always endeavour to meet our guests needs in every way and I am pleased to read that our staff succeeded with this during your stay.

I am pleased to read that you would like to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very future.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Older hotel with a quaint English countryside feel. Staff is friendly. Rooms are in need of updating and a bit worn. Gym is nicely equipped and the indoor pool is huge.

Restaurant is pretty good

• Stayed: February 2012
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our facilities on offer so much. I have taken note of your comment regarding the updating of the rooms and hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Stephen Woodrow,

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Only stayed one night but found this a good quality business hotel, food good, drinks slightly pricey, restaurant area a bit "echo-ey", high ceilings?. Room quality and leisure facilities excellent. Staff friendly and efficient. Overall very good, not much to fault at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Kettering Park Hotel. I was pleased to read your comments regarding our service and the friendliness of the staff. We always aim to achieve service of a high standard and I have passed on your comments to my team for their information.

I do hope you return to the hotel again soon and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Stephen Woodrow,

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here for the night on the 29th Deember after attending a wedding reception held in the hotel.
We stayed at the hotel at a special rate for guests who had attended the wedding - which was very good value - so these comments should be viewed in that light.
The room we stayed in was nice and well equipped - it would have been nice to have a mirror near or with a suitable light in which you could see to allow you to put your makeup on - other facilities in the room were fine.
The hotel was let down by their food and beverage service. On the Sunday morning breakfast service was chaotic to say the very least - the staff were polite and helpful but were clearly overwhelmed. On days when the hotel is very busy it would seem sensible either to have additonal staff sufficient to deal with the number of guests and/or to extend the breakfast serving times to reduce the pressure within the dinning room.
Apart from that hotel staff were well trained and helpful.
We would stay there again but would try to avoid busy periods.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsp050
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at the Kettering Park Hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as a tool to continuously enhance improvements in the hotel. I was concerned to read your comments regarding the service during breakfast and have reviewed your comments with my restaurant manager.

I was pleased to read you felt other departments and staff were well trained and helpful. We do hope you enjoyed your friend’s wedding and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stephen Woodrow

Reviewed 2 January 2012

First class hotel & spa. Modern, clean and comfortable hotel with excellent service from friendly staff plus good quality food. Nice pool and facilities.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay on New Years Eve. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay and found our facilities and service of such good standard. I have passed on your kind comments to my teams, who pride themselves on providing excellent customer service.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Stephen Woodrow
General Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Travelodge Kettering
Travelodge Kettering
#5 of 7 in Kettering

Been to Kettering Park Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!