Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
US$81
US$93
US$88
Barton Hall Hotel(Barton Seagrave)
US$81
Priceline
US$61
US$77
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfresh milklovely hotelcomplimentary waterlovely poollittle touchessteam roomcoffee machinean industrial estatewedding guestsrestaurant stafffamily roomenjoyable staywedding venuea lovely staysaturday nightplenty of parkingevening meal
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Ok, first the good points. This is a lovely, clean, modern and well appointed hotel with a very nice spa and pool and good sized, clean bedrooms. The restaurant is pretty good too, although a little dark (I could hardly read the menu).

But the one negative is that the wifi is frankly abysmal. I complained about it and they moved me one floor down (to the 2nd floor) which did nothing. When I mentioned this again the receptionist said it was "very rare". What a load of tosh!! I know how to set an IPad up for wifi and have stayed in loads of hotels in my time so I am hardly an IT novice. They have massive drop out on the 2nd and 3rd floors and yet refuse to acknowledge it.

In this day and age a hotel like this really has no excuse for such a poor wifi infrastructure.

If you are staying for pleasure and do not need internet access then I totally recommend the Kettering Park. But if you are a business user and planning on working during your stay anywhere other than the bar then forget it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike J
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor, it is appreciated.

It’s good to read that the hotel on the whole met with your satisfaction. I am though disappointed to learn that you experienced issues with our WiFi as it is an area we have recently invested in this.

We’re working with the IT team to flush out the last few remaining reception issues within the hotel and very much hope that you will feel able to stay on your next visit to the area so we can prove we’ve got them all sorted and do offer a solid and reliable WiFI service for our guests.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We checked in at the hotel on Friday 24th January 2014 to stay for 3 nights. We were here to Renew our Wedding Vows on our 40th Anniversary. We were to be doing this in the pavilion outside. Weather pernitting!!!!!! We had got six rooms booked some for just one night and others all weekend. Checking in everything was perfect.We had got my favourite room 303 Thomas Tresham room....we had had this seven and half years ago when our daughter was married.On Saturday night we had a table booked for nine in the restaurant and we chose from the A la Carte menu....the food was excellent and the staff attentive especially Ivan. On Sunday morning the weather was very mixed and the hotel did everything to try and get the ceremony outside but the weather beat us and did nothing but rain.....I suppose deep down I was a little disappointed but believe me the hotel and their chair cover lady "Sitting Pretty" worked wonders and made the room look stunning.George and Ivan worked hard to look after my husband and I, the ceremony and reception afterwards was wonderful. Food, wine and entertainment "ARKangel" was fabulous. All our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves and full of praise for the hotel. So THANK YOU KPH for all your hard work and attentiveness. We very much appreciate it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BJW259
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Briand and Linda

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure to host your Wedding Vow Renewal, the team will be delighted with your feedback.

I will personally be speaking with Ivan to pass on my comments as you've singled him out, which I know he will appreciate.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have just had a fantastic party at the Kettering Park Hotel. The staff were really good and nothing was too much trouble for them. Emma looked after the arrangements in advance for us and Kimberly and the rest of the team looked after us perfectly throughout the evening. Thank you KPH for a great 25th Wedding Anniversary party.

Room Tip: We had a four poster bed room which was very spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Douglas I
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

I am so pleased to learn that your celebrations went well and that Emma and Kimberley stood out. I will be speaking with them both personally following your comments and I know that they will both appreciate such kind words, Thank You.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was a nice stay with Dinner and dance from a friend,enjoyable stay.Food was good & still have the fire burning in the entrance hall.On this visit didn't use the spa but it was quite busy.
Would go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the hotel for one of our Tribute events.

I am glad to learn that everything went well, and hopefully when you return you'll be able to make use of the spa.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I am lucky choosing this hotel. Nice quite area. Great wifi coverage. Good food beer and wine in the restaurant
Nice - but a bit cold - rooms. With even a hot iron. Fantastic.
Do what else we need?!

The staff is nice and helpful, and flexible too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GyFlo

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor, they are much appreciated.

It is pleasing to learn that your stay at the hotel was a positive one and we hope to be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.