“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
hampshire
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

As always, a very comfortable stay. Very friendly and helpful staff and good food. Rooms are comfortable and well equipped. Only comment would is that the air con is a little noisy on warm nights.
We'll be back when next in town.
Keep it up.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmbmwr1200gs
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for leaving your comments.

I will liaise with Maintenance to ensure that the air conditioning system is working efficiently. I hope that we'll be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gareth Ireland - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Slovak first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Like the previous reviewer, I attended a wedding at this hotel and stayed for two nights, how I wish it had been for more. Everything to do with the wedding was excellent and expertly arranged. The hotel's food, decor, gardens, bedrooms and spa are of a very high standard and all of the staff were helpful and friendly. I will definitely go back and stay. This is what all hotels should be like.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FranTaylor2014
Thank you for taking to Trip Advisor to leave your comments.

I appreciate all feedback and I know the team will be delighted to learn of your comments and that their efforts have made the difference on such a special day for your friends.

We hope we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. This was to attend the wedding of two great friend which was also held at the hotel. The staff on arrival were very friendly and welcoming. We also found that nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The lady from housekeeping was so nice and helpful. The wedding was a magical day for my friends and this was due to George who was in charge of all the proceedings from beginning to end. Will definitely be stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Christine B
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your friends wedding day and that the team here have been able to stand out and make the stay all that much better.

I will be speaking with George and conveying my personal thanks and gratitude for the levels of service he has shown on such a special day.

Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recently went to the bar and restaurant at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa and all I can say is fantastic. The food was amazing and the staff were very nice too. The pork tenderloin is definitely the best I have tasted. Will be going back very soon for another meal!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spd69
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am delighted to learn that your visit to the Restaurant and Bar was an enjoyable one and I know Chef and the team in the restaurant will be delighted to learn of your comments.

If I can offer a couple of recommendations for your next visit, the Taste of the Regions table is an absolute delight as a starter, and one of my personal favourites for main course is the Mixed Fish Grill, just perfect for a summers evening, enjoying a spot of Alfresco Dining! But be sure to leave some room for the Chef's homemade Sticky Toffee Pudding.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here last week, excellent access, lovely hotel, well furnished and good facilities, particularly for female travellers e.g. hair dryer by the mirror and good lighting! Staff and room service also excellent. Only downside was the buffet breakfast with bacon overcooked and dried up and the rest not up to 4 star quality in my view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us.

The team here will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are glad that the little touches are appreciated.

I am though disappointed that you didn't feel that the breakfast offering was suitable, we offer a range of items, from freshly baked pastries, fresh fruits, yoghurts, juices and cooked to order items, as well as the hot buffet items. I will be reviewing with the team your comments to ensure we are consistent in are delivery.

I hope however that you will return in the future and give us the opportunity to make your next stay with us a memorable one for all of the right reasons.

Bedfordshire England
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with a group of a dozen or more on business which included working in conference rooms during the day as well as overnight accommodation. The accommodation is very good, large spacious bedroom with all mod cons and,unlike some places, the free wifi worked everywhere. Everywhere is clean and well maintained. Bar staff are particularly attentive and it was a major bonus to find 2 good real ales on tap. Sadly had zero time to explore the spa. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful which helps to make up for the odd shortcoming. The main one of these was the fish course Tuesday evening which many of us chose and everyone sent back largely uneaten. It arrived stone cold and was mostly uncooked. That apart the food was OK but unexceptional. If you're not into fried breakfast the options are pretty limited, all desserts are unimaginative and lunchtime hot food in the cafe is marred by drying out under the heat lamps. Overall though a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us.

I'm obviously delighted to learn of your comments about the team, but disappointed to learn that the normal high standards of food served hasn't been consistent, which I will be reviewing with the team and for this I would like to express my sincere apologies.

I very much hope we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel and I know that we’ll be doing all we can to demonstrate that this was a one-off lapse for us, and hopefully you will be able to find the time to enjoy some time in the spa on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our two young sons to break up a long journey. We arrived late (10.30) but instantly were very pleased with our choice. A huge room, with room for all of us (and more!), a mini spa robe for our eldest, a fridge stocked with little free treats and lots of other nice touches.
In the morning breakfast was fantastic. Despite having a messy 6month old and a fickle 4 year old to serve, we were treated well.
The spa facilities are great, again, nice touches like a treasure chest full of floats etc. for the kids to enjoy, and poolside hot drinks.
We left fully relaxed and ready for the next bit of the journey. Our eldest son loved it so much he keeps requesting that we "go to a hotel again"!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear how much your children enjoyed all of the extras we put in to make it that much more enjoyable for our younger guests. I hope that when you “go to a hotel again” you will consider choosing a Shire Hotel again to experience again.

Gareth Ireland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to Kettering Park Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!