“A perfect stay!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kettering
Kettering, United Kingdom
“A perfect stay!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had been considering booking our wedding at the kettering Park Hotel and was offered a taster spa and overnight stay with dinner to see what the place and service was like ...after our stay we had no hesitation in booking the venue, we had a brilliant stay!!
Our welcome at reception was warm and we were shown to our room by the on duty manager. The room was lovely and we even had a welcome note from the manager which was a nice touch and a bottle off fizz on ice waiting for us.
We ordered some lunch to our room, this was delivered quickly and when we rang again to ask for a bottle opener, a member of staff soon appeared and even offered to pour us our drinks!
As part of the package we had spa taster treatments...a massage for my fiancé and a body scrub for myself...one word for the spa, treatments and staff...perfect!
Our dinner was delicious and when they didn't have any of the wine we chose left we were offered a different bottle at the same price. Nothing was too much trouble. One minor fault with dinner, we had to wait a while to be seated and have our drinks order taken. The food and the pleasant staff soon made up for this though.
Overall our stay was fantastic and we are more than happy that we have chosen this place as our wedding venue. We also like the fact that if we wanted to we could leave our bags with reception and used the spa and facilties on the day we checked out. A luxury stay!
Oh, and we would highly recommend the breakfast served in your room. Delivered bang on time, hot and so much food! We would have stayed for Sunday lunch of we weren't so full!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura2609
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.

I am delighted to learn that you've chosen the Kettering Park Hotel and Spa to celebrate your special day. We've a proud history of running weddings for over 21 years, and I know Emma and the team will be looking after your every need throughout this special journey.

Here's to many more fantastic memories.

Best Wises
Gareth Ireland - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We opted for the Suite Experience, which is absolutely worth the extra cost. You do need to book well in advance for the spa if you staying the weekend, but you still get use of the swimming pool, sauna, whirlpool etc. We can see why this would be a great venue for conferences and weddings... but for us it was a nice getaway from the hussle and bussle of London life.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank APBrierley
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and where able to make use of the hotels facilities in order to relax from the chaos of everyday life.

Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is by far a great place to stay.It has got everything one could wish for,a really good dining room,1st class service,good wholesome food served hot and fresh.
Breakfast is self service,with a good choice of menu,catering for all tastes.
the pool is not too small,with a choice of sauna's.
So as I said can't fault it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billy H
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking to Trip Advisor to leave your comments following your recent stay here at the Kettering Park Hotel and Spa.

I hope that we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Port Pirie, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Kettering Hotel and Spa is conveniently situated close to the A14 motorway and is certainly in the top echelon of conference venues. We were there for four days and the experience was almost faultless. The building is stately with pretty gardens, fish in the pond and rabbits on the lawns. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms well-provisioned. The bar fridge has complimentary water and fresh milk daily. There is free Wi-Fi and a desk with power points in abundance.

The hotel boasts a spa with an indoor pool. Not my cup of tea, but well-used by some of my colleagues and day visitors. The conference rooms are well serviced and lack for very little – enough power points would be one thing. The food was of a high standard throughout our stay, with the exception of the outdoor barbecue where the service was poor and unprepared. The food was late and cold, and the bar service non-existent. For all the other eleven meals the service was impeccable. A package like this doesn't come cheap and you will feel that in the bar and the rates, but it is a good trade-off between luxury and value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ratfink
KetteringManager, General Manager at Kettering Park Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

I was delighted to learn that on the whole the hotel met with your expectations and we delivered a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I was though disappointed to learn that we fell short of are normal high standards on a couple of occasions and I will be working with the team on these points.

Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, whether for work or pleasure.

Kind Regards
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked the KPH for our wedding day and cuoldnt wish for a better venue the staff were amazing from Connor – the porter to reception staff such as Francesca they all made check in seamless. and it was as if nothing was a fuss or hassle for them. Professional throughout.

Emma the events manager

Emma has been amazing, attentive, tolerant and above all professional. We had copious amounts of meetings with Emma (fine tuning) and every time she was delight. She showed interest in our wedding and it felt as though she was on our journey with us. She helped us plan our day and can’t fault her. What a credit to KPH.

George (A.K.A the ledge)

Where do I even begin to write this. The man is a complete legend. I must have been the most nervous/annoying groom he has had to deal with and quite possibly since time began.
On the morning of the wedding George met me in reception; and to be honest it felt like I had a second best man. He never left my side or that’s how it felt.

The way he managed our day was perfect, From getting me to the registrar, ensuring I had a drink, finding my hat when I lost it and even to the unexpected guests . George told me that it wasn’t an issue and that it would be sorted. and it was. As i say complete legend.

The food was outstanding all of our guests have said that as weddings go it was among some of the best food they have tasted and quite frankly I would have to agree.

All in all my wife and I cannot fault our wedding day, your venue, the grounds or your staff. We are looking forward to staying with you guys again; even if it is just around the corner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PConnolly-Short
Perry, it was a pleasure to be able to discuss your comments in person.

I was delighted to learn that as a team the hotel lived up to all expectations and ensured that your special day, was exactly that, Special.

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the near future.

hampshire
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

As always, a very comfortable stay. Very friendly and helpful staff and good food. Rooms are comfortable and well equipped. Only comment would is that the air con is a little noisy on warm nights.
We'll be back when next in town.
Keep it up.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmbmwr1200gs
Thank you for leaving your comments.

I will liaise with Maintenance to ensure that the air conditioning system is working efficiently. I hope that we'll be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Like the previous reviewer, I attended a wedding at this hotel and stayed for two nights, how I wish it had been for more. Everything to do with the wedding was excellent and expertly arranged. The hotel's food, decor, gardens, bedrooms and spa are of a very high standard and all of the staff were helpful and friendly. I will definitely go back and stay. This is what all hotels should be like.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FranTaylor2014
Thank you for taking to Trip Advisor to leave your comments.

I appreciate all feedback and I know the team will be delighted to learn of your comments and that their efforts have made the difference on such a special day for your friends.

We hope we'll be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gareth Ireland - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kettering
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Oundle
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to Kettering Park Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!