“Eat in or takeaway, you can't lose.”
Review of La Lucerna - CLOSED

La Lucerna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent service, great food, friendly staff, HUGE PORTIONS! We have had more takeaway deliveries than actually dined in but the quality of the food is always impressive, I feel the restaurant has benefited from the recent new management change and the decor is so much better, highly recommend a visit to this little gem.

2  Thank Craig C

Reviewed 30 July 2014

You just can't fault this local, family run restaurant with friendly service, and genuinely delicious authentic Italian food. It feels like you've been invited to dinner with a Kettering Italian family.

As it was a slightly boring Wednesday evening and I'd had a rubbish day at work we went to La Lucerna, purely as it is within walking distance of home. What an excellent choice on our part!

We shared garlic bread to start with and then we each had one of the special pastas for main followed by Tiramisu & white profiteroles. (complimentary with our main courses)

The pasta with a light cream sauce, prawns and courgette was spot on and the other half had Pecorino and black olive sauce over pasta, it was really, really good.

Add in a bottle of very good Prosecco, all for about £39 and we'll definitely be going back again.

1  Thank Frankie O
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came here on the off chance, spur of the moment dinner and we were not disappointed throughout! I was very tempted by the vegetarian main special yum yum! My partner ordered a pizza and put it this way, my partner loves the chains of pizza delivery places but he has now been converted to genuine Italian restaurant pizzas! There is NO tinned pineapples or packet ham in sight, which my partner was very very happy with. In his own words, "chunkier and a nice sweet tang to my pizza!" He has vowed the chains of pizza delivery places is no more in our house! He actually mmmmm'd and said the words to our waiter "Beautiful, the best!" when we were asked how the food was!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the "Nuovo" (new) La Lucerna. It was a sheer fluke that I happened to be passing the restaurant whilst someone I recognised called from the doorway. It was Rita! I have known Rita a long time wonderful lady and now the new owner of La Lucerna! I immediately booked to eat there to sample the wares. Rita sold me on the pizza, well it was everything she promised. It's one of the freshest pizza's I've tasted outside Italy. The dough is made on the premises daily and only the freshest ingredients are used, deliziosa!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

La lucerna, what can I say? Where so I start? If you have lived in Kettering for a while you will know that there once was, before, a restaraunt owned by the same family a few doors down from this new one! We used to visit the old restaraunt every Friday and loved it so much, we where heart broken when the restaraunt was no more. So when the new restaraunt opened we where desperate to get in there and try it all over again!
As many people know that very rarely when something is done again it is done just as well as the original, well let me promise you something... They have out done themselves all over again. That beautiful reassuring smell of Italian herbs and spices mixed with the warm smell of Rita's perfume is enough to make you want to stay all night with out even trying the food! It has taken me while to get onto trip advisor but this has given me a while to try nearly everything on the menu! The meat is incredible, the home made pizzas are to die for an the pasta is fantastic! The atmosphere is beyond brilliant, the warm welcome and the pleasure the staff bring to your table makes you feel comfortable to sit there all night really enjoying the time you spend there! I just can't say enough nice things about this place, the menu is fantastic and authentic, there is enough for everyone... Even the fussy ones like my partner and the place is decorated to a beautiful standard! The main faces are always there to reassure you and are always always so kind and warm! The best food and service I have had all year, I am very poor and between jobs and I still manage to turn up every few weeks, the food is affordable and the portions are big, if I have pizza or pasta I always end up bringing hLd home, and pinos home made tirrimisu is a must.
I finally feel like kettering has something to be proud of and some where beautiful to come and socialise! Whenever I leave I'm planning who to go there with next!

Well done la lucerna!