“18th birthday visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Lucerna - CLOSED

La Lucerna
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kettering, United Kingdom
“18th birthday visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

First time visit to La Lucerna recently. What a fab restaraunt.
Apart from a couple of minor descrepencies with the order, which were quickly ammended with no fuss, the place is great.
Excellent food and service, and Rita is a great host
Don,t know why i have not been sooner
Will be returning for sure

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank kevjag13

“Eat in or takeaway, you can't lose.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent service, great food, friendly staff, HUGE PORTIONS! We have had more takeaway deliveries than actually dined in but the quality of the food is always impressive, I feel the restaurant has benefited from the recent new management change and the decor is so much better, highly recommend a visit to this little gem.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Craig C
Kettering, England, United Kingdom
“Really Good Food & Good Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

You just can't fault this local, family run restaurant with friendly service, and genuinely delicious authentic Italian food. It feels like you've been invited to dinner with a Kettering Italian family.

As it was a slightly boring Wednesday evening and I'd had a rubbish day at work we went to La Lucerna, purely as it is within walking distance of home. What an excellent choice on our part!

We shared garlic bread to start with and then we each had one of the special pastas for main followed by Tiramisu & white profiteroles. (complimentary with our main courses)

The pasta with a light cream sauce, prawns and courgette was spot on and the other half had Pecorino and black olive sauce over pasta, it was really, really good.

Add in a bottle of very good Prosecco, all for about £39 and we'll definitely be going back again.

1 Thank Frankie O
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came here on the off chance, spur of the moment dinner and we were not disappointed throughout! I was very tempted by the vegetarian main special yum yum! My partner ordered a pizza and put it this way, my partner loves the chains of pizza delivery places but he has now been converted to genuine Italian restaurant pizzas! There is NO tinned pineapples or packet ham in sight, which my partner was very very happy with. In his own words, "chunkier and a nice sweet tang to my pizza!" He has vowed the chains of pizza delivery places is no more in our house! He actually mmmmm'd and said the words to our waiter "Beautiful, the best!" when we were asked how the food was!

Kettering, England, United Kingdom
“Got to have this pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the "Nuovo" (new) La Lucerna. It was a sheer fluke that I happened to be passing the restaurant whilst someone I recognised called from the doorway. It was Rita! I have known Rita a long time wonderful lady and now the new owner of La Lucerna! I immediately booked to eat there to sample the wares. Rita sold me on the pizza, well it was everything she promised. It's one of the freshest pizza's I've tasted outside Italy. The dough is made on the premises daily and only the freshest ingredients are used, deliziosa!