“The Bell Little Addington”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #11 of 188 Restaurants in Kettering
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Description: The Bell is a traditional style village pub with a twist. We offer a variety of services such as Sunday Carvery from 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM !!! Evening A La Carte menu which is served from 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM from Tuesday to Saturday. Lunch is also served in between the hours of 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM with selection of cold and hot Buffet , Bar Menu and Special Black Board
Reviewed 8 November 2015

Not strictly Kettering as listed, but if you're looking for The Bell in Little Addington, this is it. We were very impressed. I asked if the menu was restricted to 'Sunday Roast' only, as a lot of pubs will not deviate from the set menu on Sunday's. As non meat eaters, this can limit where we go. We were however perfectly happy to stick with the veg and pasta option on the heated trolley, but the chef went beyond the call of duty and produced a freshly made Vegetarian Tart. We didn't ask for this, but I have to say, it was beautifully cooked. It really was very very tasty and was accompanied by a stuffed field mushroom.

Well done 'The Bell'

Extremely competent and attentive staff too. We have pretty high standards to be honest, and we will be going again very soon, with friends.

Thanks..

Date of visit: November 2015
6  Thank AlanH526
Write a reviewReviews (204)

Reviewed 4 November 2015

I went to the Bell today for lunch with a friend. Had a friendly greeting and have to say that the food was wonderful. I went for fish and chips, couldn't be faulted. The batter was very different to the usual grease laden offering and the chips were big and thick. Tartare sauce homemade and the peas pureed and had a very different flavour. My friend had sausage and mash, lovely dark gravy and three fat sausage on top of a mound of mash. We had requested vegetables too. We got an assortment, cooked to perfection. To start we helped ourselves to a free salad bar. It had everything you could want and more in a salad bar. We decided to have a walk around the village and return for the puddings when we had had time to digest the mains. We had sticky toffee pudding with cream and ice cream and crepes. The crepes looked wonderful decorated with lines of chocolate sauce. It was all beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. Although the food we ordered was traditional English fare the Italian cook gave everything that extra touch to make it very special.
The service could not be faulted, efficient, friendly and the waiter wore white gloves, which I thought was very different. I loved the flatware...
Definitely going to try their carvery.

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

As a very picky eater I was concerned with the menu, but eating it, wow. Absolutely loved it. This is what I had. Vegetarian main meal and crepes with ice cream. Worth the price. Menu available online before visiting.

Date of visit: October 2015
2  Thank katoncampus
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

My family & I have visited a few times now as its our families local village pub. I can highly recommend this beautiful county pub. The staff are so friendly and cannot do enough to help, they really do go over and above to get you anything you would like or need.
The food was delicious, plenty of choice and cater for numerous food intolerances & allergies.
There is no garden, but a lovely terrace always blooming with flowers.
Plenty of parking.
Very reasonable prices as well.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

Have eaten here several times is the last year. The welcome is always warm and heartfelt. Christian always remembers us, and the young men behind the bar are charming. I can particularly recommend the Guinea fowl, although even the budget options, such as the excellent steak and ale pie are cooked to order. Radu personally checks that every table has enjoyed their meal, which is really appreciated

Date of visit: October 2015