The George Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Dunchurch Park(Dunchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewspleasant gardenfish cakesmushy peassaturday lunchscampithe pubwatling streetplenty of parkingstarterspintdiners
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Dropped in for some food as the place we were going to had a 40 minute wait, really pleasantly surprised the food was excellent i had the vennison partner the saus and mash , wide menu choice the service friendly and warm although the girl seemed a bit tired possibly fed up with something. excellent beer on offer really glad we chose this pub good price too all round winner.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

visited this pub for a night out with freinds,good service and the steaks are superb, good value with a taste card,all food cooked fresh to order,good real ales on tap.nice surroudings.good parking,a must if you want a good steak.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank guestyNotts
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have visited The George a couple of times recently (and in the past) whilst down in the vicinity on our narrowboat on the Grand Union Canal. The food is very good and the menu has several vegetarian options for main courses which is great. The restaurant has a nice feel to it and the service is excellent. Thoroughly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HMG57
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We aren't regulars but do visit several times a year and are always very very happy with the service and food. Good hearty food cooked to perfection. If your reading this and wondering whether to go or not please go and eat here you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mat G
Reviewed 19 January 2013

After enjoying some good meals at The George I am most disappointed to report on a disastrous one! On this occasion I had chosen the meat lasagne for my main course. When our meals arrived they looked lovely but as I cut into my lasagne I realised that it wasn't heated all the way through, it was stone cold in the middle. My meal was returned to the kitchen and a fresh one was prepared, however it was the same as the previous one! The meal was taken away, hating waste I suggested that the lasagne was just heated some more, big mistake! The meal returned with 'hot' salad!! At this point I gave up, I had sat and watched my partner eat his meal, eating in relays is not really my idea of eating out. We were on our way home after a long journey and thought we would eat at The George to save bothering at home, as we often did, I ended up with some toast!!
This is not the usual standard of service, but beware if you order the lasagne!
We have not eaten there since.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple