“A good standard”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Kilsby
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A varied choice of menu and all a five of us enjoyed the dishes we chose. We went on a quiet midweek night but all the tables were laid including table cloths and there was a good ambience.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Brilliant that's all I can say! I have eaten at the George several times the food is lovely they alway serve meals with FRESH local produce which is fantastic! I highly recommend it if you travel along the A5

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have now eaten several times at this distinctive pub/restaurant set in what I assume was once a coaching inn. The food and service is invariably top-notch and I love the fact that, as one walks through the front door one can choose between eating in the snug and comfortable bar on the right or the bright and well-lit dining room on the left. Maggie runs a tight ship and early booking is advised as the place is often very busy

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The George is an excellent pub No canned music no noisy gaming machine excellent real beer (not ale as ale is not what people think it is) and very good food.
The Staff are always pleasant and it’s a great place to stop and recharge after a thrash down the M6 M1 from Manchester.

1  Thank Andrewmakin
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Took my parents here for lunch as an early celebration for their 65th Anniversary. We wanted a bottle of fizz and had a choice of one champagne, a prosecco plus a pink fizz. We decided to miss the starters, having had a sneaky peak at the dessert menu and went straight to mains. My Mum had "posh sausages", which she really enjoyed, they were local ones. Dad had lamb shank, lovely and tender, my husband had rump steak, which he said was one of the best he'd ever had and I had venison which was both tasty and tender. Desserts were a good size - sticky toffee pudding, rhubarb crumble and choc fudge cake were enjoyed by all four of us. The waitress was lovely - very good with my elderly parents, attentive, pleasant and polite. Everything was done properly and was good value. My parents now want to try Sunday Lunch, so it looks like we'll be back!!

1  Thank CarolineOs