“Best cheesy chips for miles around!”
Review of The Coffee Tavern

The Coffee Tavern
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Oundle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best cheesy chips for miles around!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a lovely coffee shop with an extensive menu and delicious homemade cakes. Our most regular haunt when visiting Oundle. Excellent value for money

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Nottshousewife

Oundle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went to The Coffee Tavern with a friend for lunch, was very impressed with the variety on the menu. I had the lasagne whilst my friend had a cheese burger, both looked and tasted amazing!! Generous portions and great value for money, enjoyed the friendly service and can't wait to come back!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Emily1944h
Oundle, United Kingdom
“Family friendly, cut above the rest!!!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Firstly, I'd like to say, best coffee ever!!! Such a refreshing change from the rubbish you normally get in places who may be decorated in a more up to date way, but I'd rather sit in a surroundings that are a bit dated and drink delicious coffee than in a sterile spotless bubble drinking a disappointing cup!!! The food here is clearly freshly made and beautifully sourced, it was busy and we still didn't wait too long, although Id happily have waited for the beautiful food I was served, plenty of toys and crayons for little ones, and what can I say about the cakes???? Yum! Such a selection and delicious, I was with friends from out of town and was proud to share this little diamond of a place with them, service fantastic, friendly and a cut above the rest, keep it up!!!!!!,

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Sarah W
Grantham, United Kingdom
“The best cheese and tomato toastie I've had for ages”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Ok I've given it 4/5 and not 5/5 merely because of the decor. Just personal taste but the interior is a bit dated and old-fashioned BUT the service was very polite the toastie was wonderful and the coffee as good as I've had anywhere. I paid about £15 for 2 cheese and tomato toasties a large decaf latte and a large cappuccino. My expectations were not high because of the decor but I was so so very wrong. The cakes looked lovely too but the toastie and coffee filled me up ... GREAT. Oundle is a nice place and worth a visit too.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank lizandtone
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Good value for money, good service, fresh food. Locally sourced ingreadients used. Very popular, especially on a Thursday when it is Market Day. Waitress Service during the lunch period.

Visited February 2014