“A great themed restaurant with a great atmosphere!”
Review of 62 Love Me Do - CLOSED

62 Love Me Do
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: '62 Love me do is a stylish '60s themed restaurant diner in Oundle, brought to you by Karen & Phil of Beans Coffee Stop, just across the road from Beans itself. Sitting inside what is arguably the best shop front in town, the interior of '62 is tastefully decorated to recreate a 1960s diner, with a red and black interior and a mix of red and black leatherette seats set off by a collection of 60s memorabilia. However, don't be fooled by the 'diner' image, since last autumn the menu is much wider-ranging, including home-made steak pie, sausage and mash, gammon and egg, enchiladas, spaghetti bolognese and other pasta dishes. Their fresh salads also take a lot of beating too, as does the breakfast menu, offering pancakes with syrup New York-style as well as other choices including a 'Full English' as good as any top hotel offering! Apart from the incredibly tasty and great value dishes they offer, '62 love me do also take great pride in their locally-sourced policy, with their burger and steak pie beef sourced from Seven Wells butchers just two doors away (from their farm a mile and a half away), and wines and beer from local suppliers Amps and Castor Ales. '62 Love me do brings a vibrant, 1960's look to this quintessential market town, and we believe is a really good alternative to the family restaurant chains, offering fabulous tasty food at very attractive prices, and a level of personal service that only local independents can offer. It's not surprising that '62 has become so popular with many regular diners from Oundle school, locals and not-so locals alike, and is now top of the list for many who need a party venue!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great themed restaurant with a great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A great place to go if you want to go somewhere different. Full of memorabilia of the 60s. A nice touch were the old books and magazines which could be looked at. My daughter was fascinated by the red dial telephone
as she could use it!!
Loved the idea of a record drinks menu and all food choices were given names from 62! Like a Stirling Moss and Fideral Castro! Food was of a high quality and good value for money.
My only complaint was that customers were turned away at 8pm as kitchen closed. This is far to early as it was only 8.05pm and they still could not bend the rules. These customers were clearly not happy which is such a shame as they probably won't come back. Also shocked to hear people turned away at 9pm at the weekend. Surely this is not a good idea if the business wants to expand.
I would like to say the waitresses were brilliant and gave a high level of customer customer!! They did an excellent job!!
We will be coming back but get the place opened longer at weekends!!!

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fun & Tasty”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been to 62 Love Me Do on many occasions and am never disappointed. The recent additions to the menu are welcome and my firm favourite is the steak pie,chips, mushy peas and the best gravy ever! The chilli nachos are worth having, plenty to choose from on the menu. Its a really friendly and informal place where families with young children can feel relaxed, wish it had been there when my family was young.
The portions are man sized! But make sure you leave room for a dessert! Wine is good quality and they make a mean coke float (reminds me of when I was young and always had them)
We will be visiting again.

• Visited April 2014
Rushden
“Love me do? Yes we do!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Three intrepid explorers on a Wednesday saunter come across retro restaurant and had a great experience. Firstly we had some retro drinks namely coke float and rhubarb cream soda. Went for a mooch round Oundle then returned for an excellent value for money fish and chips and fruit crumble for dessert. Friendly service. Excellent food definitely returning soon. Steve Wilson

1 Thank Pandapop70
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Nothing on the menu”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have been 3 times recently and what we requested from the menu were never available. Very disappointing, especially with the recent increase in prices.

Phil G, Owner at 62 Love Me Do, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi, we're really sorry about your experience, as you can see from our other feedback, 99% of our customers have a great time at '62.
Our staff remembered your last visit, and it was a Sunday. Unfortunately we can sometimes run out of one or two menu items on a Sunday because we are shut most Mondays and Tuesdays and therefore try to run down our stock. The dilemma we face offering so much fresh produce is we either end up with a lot of waste, or we have to disappoint the odd customer on a Sunday!
I have spoken with the staff concerned and they should have offered you a discount on the day, or a voucher with some discount for a future visit.
Come along another time and we'll make sure we make it up to you!
Regards, Phil
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've visited 62 Love me do on several occasions, i hadn't been in some time so when i visited the other week i was surprised by the increased choice of food on the menu, there's a good choice of foods to select that if you don't fancy a burger then there's plenty of other options for you. My boys both had a burger and said it was the 'best burger they had ever had' and are nagging me to come back!