“Worth waiting for!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Desborough, United Kingdom
“Worth waiting for!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have been waiting so long for this restaurant to open as I love Turkish food!Originally Ellis and Murat hoped to open last summer but due to various problems,it did not open it's doors to the public till last Friday night.I had been to the pre-opening night and had a taste of what was to come and couldn't wait to go on Friday.The décor is very modern,in black and white and there are three levels which include a room that seats 26, so is ideal for private functions.
I went with my son and his girlfriend,who both love Turkish food as much as I do.Murat is from Istanbul so we knew it was going to be good.There were a couple of niggles,it was cold in the restaurant and there was quite a long wait between courses but I am sure that will soon be sorted out.All the tables were taken and people were coming in who hadn't booked.
We shared 3 mezzes,calamari,spicy sausage and aubergine salad.All were delicious.We chose 3 different main courses and they were all traditional dishes cooked to perfection and good portion size.The puddings were disappointing as there was no Baklava! I am sure this will soon be remedied.
Special mention of Joanne,Leah and of course,Ellis.All three are great waitresses and dealt with any teething troubles very well and were very helpful and nice.You all did a good job girls. I can't wait to go again and have no hesitation in recommending The Old Bank to anyone.

• Visited April 2013