“Zero customer service, badly run business”

Silverstone Autosport & Rally School
Book In Advance
More Info
US$129.76*
and up
1-Hour Rally Experience at Silverstone
More attraction details
Owner description: A great activity in Silverstone rally driving experiences and training for adults and children as individuals.
Fleet, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Zero customer service, badly run business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband bought me a stunt driving experience at this venue (which is not to be confused with the Silverstone Race Track which is nearby and an entirely different company). There are lots of reviews to this venue about Ferraris which is not at this site.

We had a lot of difficulty finding the venue as it's at the end of a very long dirt track on one side of a dual carriageway and had to ask for directions. Directions which were not given to us within our email of confirmation.

Once we found the venue, we had unfortunately arrived 6 minutes late. On entering the building we were met with a very frosty response and told that I had missed my training slot, that they have had to reschedule their entire day already due to my attendance and that it was clearly shown on the email of confirmation.

The email confirmation stated it was a prompt start at 9am which I and another guy who closely followed me in had wrongly assumed this would be the welcome registration and coffee.

The lady we spoke to was incredibly rude which was utterly unnecessary as I had not even tried to argue or comment. She had zero customer service and left us feeling let down.

We had a 200 mile round trip and stayed in overnight accommodation.

We looked at the site and it looked incredibly small. We watched someone driving the Subaru and noticed how small the circuit was.

We had spent £80 for the hour long experience. We have no intention of returning to this venue and were bitterly disappointed. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jane W

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been here twice now. Done the Rally Laps and the half day. Had a great time on both visits and cannot understand some of the reviews. Of course the cars have some kind of parachute in them to keep you and the instructor safe but that's a great thing wouldnt want it any other way. Awesome experience nice people. I didnt find they used it when I was driving so some people must of been driving out of control. Great fun in rear wheel drive cars on a nice slippy gravel rally course. One thing to mention definately do the hot lap. Went in the car with Karl. That bloke can really drive. Wanna go back to do the full day. I have done other rally schools and not a patch on this one.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Booked the Subaru experience. Because it was wet and slippery the instructor had his foot on the engine cut off switch for 90% of the lap meaning I was very rarely driving the car, Merely just steering it around the coarse. I can understand the need for him to intervene but continually doing so means I was not driving. I see other reviews saying "car suffering from flat spot issues" this the the instructor cutting the engine.
The last rally day I attended the instructor did not interfere with me once just gave me tips and advice to help me improve.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Adam S
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Not just the Ultimate Rally Experience" - Should have missed out the "just"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I'd just like to take a few moments to re-write a few sections from the above website to make it slightly clearer for those who are interested in this "fun day out".

"World Famous". Perhaps. As are Russell Brand, Nicolae Ceausescu and The Plague, however I wouldn't like to spend a day in their company.

"The Ultimate Rally Experience". Incorrect. More, "The Ultimate Rally Spectator Experience". If I wanted to spend my afternoon watching other people stall, crash and spin their way around a muddy garden, I could've had more fun at the local Pits watching teenagers bin their Citroen Saxo's over poorly constructed bicycle jumps.

"To Start"

Informal lecture from a man with the least charisma and interest in subject possible. Theory on handbrake turns.

Practice 1 (5 Minutes)

Handbrake Turns.
"You've not done this before have you?"

Practice 2 (5 Minutes)

Handbrake Turns.
"Still can't get that right can you?"

Practice 3 (5 Minutes)

Handbrake Turns.
5 Laps around "skid pan" (converted concrete potato storage plot)

Experience what it is like to be in a real rally situation with a washed out, bitter and exhausted co-driver, frustrated that due to your inexperience you "bl**dy c**ked that up again"

Practice 4 (2 Minutes)

A hot lap of the circuit! Certainly not?! The first taste of rally experience, sounds great! Unfortunately, this was only made clear after the one, and only, lap of the Silverstone Rally Back-Garden Course when you are miserably informed that your day is over and you can "Bit slow, you can collect your certificate now and go home if you want".

Overall, I can't express how disheartened, disappointed, let down and disappointed (have I said that already?) I was by the Silverstone Rally School. As a keen driver of many years, this is something that I have been yearning to do ever since I first played Colin McRae Rally on PS2. However, unless I can find somewhere that operates with a great deal more professionalism, enthusiasm and passion for the learning of others, it will not be something I repeat and I cannot express with more passion:

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

2 Thank DavidandLauren123
Essex, UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A great, but exhausting day.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This rally school is very well run and the instructors great. I went with an Amazon Local deal so good value for money. It is however very tiring. The circuit is quite small so no shortage of turns, handbrake or otherwise.

Recommended.