“Great Place to Stay for Silverstone Half Marathon”

Silverstone Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Silverstone B&B and Inns
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Stay for Silverstone Half Marathon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were running the Silverstone Half Marathon and arrived the day before the event, we were given a really friendly welcome and made to feel at home from the start. The breakfast was lovely and the setting was beautiful. We would definitely stay here again and counted ourselves lucky to have found such a little gem. The venue is about 15 minutes walk from the Silverstone track so we were able to walk up on the morning of the event and leave our car in their car park. We were also able to pop back after the event (after we had checked out) to change out of our running clothes. Thanks to Pete and Elaine for making it such a good weekend and for being so lovely.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have French Doors opening to the garden, there was a garden table and chairs wh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Warrington Cheshire.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We went to Silverstone to do a Mercedes Benz under 16's driving course with one of our grandchildren. We stayed at the Chantry because of the good write ups and we are glad that we did. We would strongly recommend the B&B to anyone I had only one criticism and that is there was too much breakfast. I did try to eat it all honestly, sorry for the waste, and thank you for the emergency razor.

Room Tip: The pub in the village the White Horse does a very good meal.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jmurphypsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed Moto Gp weekend, very nice couple , and from arrival we were made to feel really welcome , nothing was too much trouble for the owners. The property itself is perfectly situated between silverstone village and the race track. We will defiantly be booking for next year and again many thanks to Pete and Elaine for there hospitality .

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Donsie1407
Weybridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I decided to stay for the MotoGP at the last minute, a quick call around found that Sliverstone Bed & Breakfast only had a single room available. We asked if they could put a Z bed in the room and agreed a discounted price for the two of us to share a single room. We found the house very clean and comfortable, very pleasant hosts and a great breakfast. We went away more than happy.

Room Tip: Book early for Silverstone events.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My fiance and I enjoyed our stay at the family run B&B in Silverston village.
It's SO close to the circuit, it was ideal! The rooms were clean and comfy, the breakfast was great. There is off-road parking and a lovely garden view from the bedroom.
Nice and quiet at night.

Room Tip: This B&B does not have ensuite rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ElaineDyer, Manager at Silverstone Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thanks for the lovely review !

Just a small correction - we do have 2 rooms with en suite bathrooms - they're both twin bedded rooms.
Bridgend,Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I booked a twin en-suite here 4 months in advance for 2 nights to attend the World Superbikes. I phoned 4 nts before arrival to confirm and said we would go straight to the circuit and expect to arrive around 5 ish depending on the race schedule. We actually arrived at 6.45 and there was a note on the door saying they had gone out and a mobile no. to ring, which I done and he was there in a couple of mins. so no problem. His attitude was a bit strange though, no warm welcome as others on here had said, just 'we were expecting you at 5 o'clock'. Anyway it turned out that we were given a twin with shared facilities, I told him I had booked a twin with en-suite, he said 'well I'm sorry but what do you want me to do about it?, I can try and find you somewhere else'. I said, 'at 7 o'clock' on a Saturday, on race weekend?'. He said 'well obviously it'll be miles away from here!' We obviously had no choice, so I said I wasn't prepared to pay £100/nt for the room without en-suite, so he said he'd charge us £70 so we stayed. He then gave us a form to fill out, stating what we wanted for breakfast.
In the morning, because our room was next door to the shared bathroom,we were woken by people using it. Listening to someone coughing and spitting in a sink that we had to use wasn't pleasant!, so we decided to have breakfast and checkout.
We came down for breakfast and he came out with a pot of coffee and said 'just coffee for one then', I told him my wife would like tea and he said 'well she didn't tick it in the form, but don't worry I'll go and make some'. Now I'm starting to think he's being deliberately awkward because I complained about the room. Anyway, we started chatting to his wife and she commented on how busy they were and they could have filled 100 rooms, implying that we were lucky to have a room at all I think? I then explained to her we were going to checkout and the reason why, she told me to go pay her husband when we were ready, NO APOLOGY. We gathered our luggage, came down and I called him, he came out and I tried to have a pleasant conversation with him , but he just handed me the credit card machine and said 'enter your pin', I did that, he handed me my card and walked away, NO APOLOGY whatsoever, what an arrogant and ignorant man.
So, if you stay here make sure you arrive on time, don't complain if you don't get what you pay for, make sure you fill in the breakfast form CORRECTLY and don't expect a friendly welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jeff J
ElaineDyer, Owner at Silverstone Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Oh dear, we're really sorry this gentleman felt angry enough to resort to this diatribe. He and his wife had a valid complaint regarding the en suite room, and as we were unable to move them, we reduced the price by almost half.

The things they quote us as saying simply aren't accurate - we were as polite and friendly as with any other guests, and the remarks attributed to us make us sound awful which, if you read other reviews, we're clearly not. We did apologise, several times.

Most of our guests love the form we offer to let us know what their breakfast choices are. We offer a wide choice, and most guests are in a rush in the morning, so they like to know their breakfast is going to be ready at the time they need it.

All businesses make mistakes from time to time, and the key is to remedy the mistake in a positive way, which we believe we did. Please be assured we are really nice, and it is a lovely B&B !
torquay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

For the second time I have stayed here overnight whilst racing at Silverstone. The welcome was so homely and friendly, the rooms spacious and clean the garden a joy to simply relax after a hard race and you are sent on your way with a most magnificent breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverstone
Premier Inn Silverstone
The White Hart
The White Hart
#4 of 4 in Buckingham
Premier Inn Northampton West (Harpole) Hotel

Been to Silverstone Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!