“Nice quaint hotel”

Dining options: Reservations
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Nice quaint hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a deal booked through Groupon. Thought that we would be treated differently than other guests as ours was a cheap deal. I was wrong.
The hotel is very quaint, has creaky floorboards and the floors are far from level. The carpets and decor are direct from the arc but it looks fantastic, and adds to the charm of the hotel.
We stayed in room 102 and it was lovely. My wife is more picky than the hotel inspector and she couldn't really fault the cleanliness.
The menu was a little limited and I'm glad I am not vegetarian but the food itself was fantastic. I had the serloin was the best I had had in a while.
Service was good and the staff were very friendly.
My wife and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Visited March 2014

Corby, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

On entry this looked quite promising, but that was where it ended. The waiter got the drinks order wrong and we only ordered 3 drinks. The starters were okay but the carvery was really poor.
The beef was a cheap cut and had been way overcooked. The vegetable selection poor and the roast potatoes were dry and hard. The table next to us was a large noisy party which meant we had to shout across our table just to be heard.
Even paying wasn't easy as the card machine did not work and the manual machine was unable to accept my card and the clueless waiter offered no solution.

Will definetley not be returning here.

• Visited February 2014
u.k
“Service good, food good...”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Went for afternoon tea with colleagues. The staff were nice and knew what they were doing. The atmosphere was relaxing. Food was good. The only thing I didn't like was the furniture etc it is too Victorian and needs updating. Having said that, maybe that's the style the management wants....

• Visited February 2014
Yateley, United Kingdom
“Really nice place.. And maybe the only? ”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Staying in Thrapston on business, looked for places to eat without me having success. I didn't want to eat here as the food sounded to fancy and more expensive that I wanted to pay was only looking for a burger and chips what I call "pub food". Having said that, I really enjoyed the food.

The atmosphere was chilled, staff really nice and food very tasty.

The only negative for me was small menu.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“excellant”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The food we had was delicious and well worth the money, would definately reccomend it. Staff were very attentive.

Visited December 2013