“Pre wedding meal”

The Narrow Boat at Weedon
Ranked #1 of 1 Weedon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with our friends the evening before our wedding... Food was great, big portions and the service was also good. Really nice decor and atmosphere. Amazing garden area looking over the river. We will defiantly you return of back in the area!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rickie K

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I were travelling south from Trentham Estates to Oxford and by chance decided to spend the evening at the Narrow Boat. What a wonderful stroke of luck that was! We enjoyed an outstanding dinner - one of the best we've had during our 2 month tour of English restaurants rated as 5 stars - and were assigned accommodation at the far end of an "L" shaped single storey extension to the primary part of the Inn - a room named 'The Helm'. It was set beside a grassy verge next to the Grand Union Canal. The room was large, clean and nicely furnished with 2 chairs, a table and a very comfortable bed. Except for continuous birdsong and a very infrequent sound of distant Jake Brakes the place was quiet. Our hosts were charming and all staff were very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this establishment - particularly to discriminating diners :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ConstantTraveller
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our first experiance of the Narrow boat was exceptional and was just a lunch time visit so we decided to go back for dinner one evening.
We walked in and were immediatly told which seats were avalible, we took our seat and then waited approx 5 mins befire my husband decided to go to the bar to order drinks, One of which were forgotten and he had to chase this up again :(. ot ideal however we assumed they were just busy.
We ordered food which was lovely we had bread , oils and starters. It was delicious. I had a seafood pasta option which was very nice and left you wanting a bit more. My husband had a burger which We did sit with our dirtyl plates in front of us for to long approx 10 min so we decided to walk to the bar and pay. The food was really good and although the waitress was very polite when she was with us. The service could definatly have been more prompt which was ashame because i did have really high hopes for the whole experiance.
I will go again as the food and decor and scenery/ location make it worthy of a thrid time fully lucky :).

Room Tip: try to book !
1  Thank Rachelmcvey
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here overnight recently, with my sisters and their husbands, using 3 of the rooms. All of our accommodation was lovely and the restaurant was really nice. Breakfast was lovely, with all food cooked to order so really fresh. The setting is great and we all enjoyed a Sunday morning walk along the canal to walk off the very filling breakfast. Staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, separate from the pub with really comfortable beds, very quiet and so nice to be away from the main building, not like hotels where you can be disturbed by people getting into rooms late/getting up early. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank A P
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have to admit, i have never stayed at a pub before but after reading reviews about their accommodation being separate from the restaurant itself we took a chance and stayed here as an overnight stop on the way to London. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was lovely. Looked newly decorated. Had a really nice bathroom. All clean and well kept. Was quiet to sleep and the bed was really comfy. We had to leave quite early in the morning to get to Silverstone and they gave us breakfast earlier than they normally do for people to allow us time to eat and get to the venue in time, which was very much appreciated. Also, breakfast is cooked to order and we both enjoyed our full fry up. Great location by the canal too, as we took an evening stroll down by the canal and then ate at the Narrow Boat after. Food was delicious.

1  Thank Julia H
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here recently as an overnight stop to break a long journey South. We found it online and thought the reviews sounded good. What a lovely surprise. It is just off the M1 so very convenient. The hotel is right on the A5 and is very easy to find. The rooms are like little lodges, separate from the main building and all have names pertaining to the lock. The rooms are clean and very comfortable and tea and coffee facilities are provided. We had an extremely comfortable and quiet night. it was lovely not to have people walking up and down the corridor and banging doors. We never heard a sound and the other rooms must have been occupied because it was busy at breakfast, which incidentally is cooked fresh to order. Very nice.

Room Tip: Doors have glass small glass panels in them. If you like it dark, then you may want to stick somethi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlimJim177
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I worked in Daventry for 18 months and stayed in various hotels in the area, in mid July 2012 I found this hotel which has a few rooms separated from the main building, and alongside the canal. The setting is stunning, the rooms are very nice, and the sort you'd want when living away from home.
The restaurant food is absolutely amazing and I had worked my way through the menu's and never had one complaint. The same feeling by my colleagues when they visited whilst in the area. I've eaten my best fish dish to date at the Narrow Boat, cooked by Ian, a fantastic chef.
They have a nice range of drinks also.
The personalities of the staff are amazing, the place managed well by Petra.
I will confess that I returned there after Christmas, but after a few weeks, I stayed elsewhere for my last couple of months and the reason for this was that I gave up smoking, started getting fit, started running and had to force myself to stay away because I had no willpower. Ian and Petra offered to make me low fat food, which I know would have been good, but their menu is sooooooooo good, there was no way on this earth I could have resisted.
In the end, I spent my last few months in a soulless corporate hotel where I was able to avoid the restaurant and eat health food from the supermarket in my room.
The biggest regret I have is not returning there before I left the company I worked for, therefore returning to South Wales. I wish all at the Narrow Boat, all the very best for the future.
I will return one day, with my family

Room Tip: All rooms are great, and in the winter, the heating is on when you arrive.....if pre booked
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SheepMagnet2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weedon
Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns
De Vere Staverton Estate
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Hopping Hare
Hopping Hare
#3 of 27 in Northampton

Been to The Narrow Boat at Weedon? Share your experiences!