Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns
US$106
TripAdvisor
US$87
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Northampton Upton Way(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
US$105
US$50
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
US$77
All reviewsfantastic valuesingle roomattending a weddingpowerful showerwould stay againvery pleasant staygood sizemain buildingstayed here for one nightsunday lunchnight's sleepfollowing morningyogurtpubensuitemains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub with family to enjoy a nice meal out. Ordered food at the bar. Waited almost an hour. Eventually it arrived. The order was wrong - we ordered BBQ ribs & chicken and got a different chicken dish. The food was stone cold tough and very stodgy looking. Absolutely terrible experience. Will never visit this pub again!

Stayed: May 2014
anchor189, Manager at Heart of England Hotel Weedon by Marston's Inns, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback with you. If you would like to contact me via email (heartofengland.weedon@marstons.co.uk) with your contact details I would be very grateful.
Kind regards
Richard Lucas

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

On walking into the restaurant, at first we wondered why it was so quiet in there on a Sunday. Now, having endured the slow and unfriendly service, and the poor quality food then I know exactly why this restaurant wasn't busy today. It's difficult to know where to start with this so I think I will make a list of why we were dissatisfied:
1) Worn out upholstery and scratched tables, clearly in need of investment.
2) Filthy door handle on exiting the bathroom, I had to push against the door with my arm to avoid contaminating my hand.
3) Unfriendly waitress who appeared to not want to be working there.
4) It took 2 hours to have a simple 2 course pub meal.
5) I had to ASK the waitress to clear the table... 30 minutes after we finished to main course.
6) I had to GO AND FIND a waitress and ASK if we could order desert because we had been sat waiting for so long.
7) Nobody asked us at any point if we would like a drink??.. And they call this "table service"??
8) The food had clearly been sat for a long time, it was dried up and not enjoyable. On complaining about the potatoes the waitress kindly offered a replacement (a side order of chips)... Which we accepted, only it took her 20 minutes to bring them, by which point we had already finished our main courses.
9) Desert was no better, also dried up, and custard that should of been hot was luke warm by the time they served it to us 30 minutes after we ordered it.
10) The restaurant was cold, not a comfortable environment to eat in.

I'm sorry to be so negative, but the truth of it is that they really need to up their game if they want to stay open... I certainly know that we won't be returning for a second visit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed 3rd and 4th April, with family members for a wedding. we chose this hotel predominatley for it's location to the wedding venue. Our experience was a very pleasent one, ffrom start to finish. Due to changes in the wedding party, I made many changes and requests to our reservation from November'13 to the point of us arriving and this was dealt with professionally and efficiently and all the rooms were arranged to perfection. I stayed in room 4 with my daughter, it was a large room with a nice bathroom and a shower to die for!
The breakfast was freshly made and all differing orders were taken care of very well.
We ate in the restaurant on the Thursday evening, 2 for 1, very good value and quite enjoyable.
This little hotel will certainly knock spots off the locacl largert chains and if we find ourselves in the area once again, it will be our first point of call.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank primroseberry
Reviewed 7 April 2014

"2nd stay at this hotel and still very good for the cost.It was lovely to have breakfast served at the table -hot and cooked properly.Room was comfortable if a little small -all in all well worth a try

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the hotel not outside in the car park area
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend for 3 nights starting Thursday. I new of it because I drive past it every day and the reviews were quite promising. It is also a pub so i thought meals were sorted.

I arrived at the hotel upon confirming that I can easily check in until 11pm. The hotel is really conveniently placed near the main road, with a lot of parking space. Ironically the main road was both a convenience and concern, because I was worried about the noise. I was told there is no issue paying at the check-in or check-out (it was up to me), I found out about WiFi and breakfast (included in the price) straight away and was directed to the room number 14. It is one of the rooms in the annex, which is directly overviewing parking lot so parking in front of the room was easy, great for late night returns if you don't want to go through the main building and disturb anyone.

The room was conveniently big, with a double bed, a desk with a mirror, small wardrobe with hangers, TV across from the bed, and a small shelf with a kettle and instant coffee and PG tips (made me laugh, so British!). The bathroom was rather small. I dropped my bags and wanted to brush my teeth and take a nap before evening leave and quickly encountered the first problem- the plug in the sink got stuck and water wasn't draining. The toilet also produced sounds that I can only liken to an avalanche (it is an old building). The plug issue was resolved easily with help of a staff who used a knife to get the plug out and advised against using it. The room was clean and pleasantly decorated, I don't have anything bad to say about it.

Breakfast is included in the price and is being served at the tables in the main part of the pub between 7 and 9am (too early for us so we only 'attended' one). You have a table with cereals, milk, juice, yoghurt and fruit, as well as an option of cooked English breakfast. The staff brings you hot drinks. It was a lovely meal and everything was fresh, however, as we were the only two people left, at 8.30am one of the ladies decided it was okay to start hoovering. Maybe wait till everyone is gone the next time?

If you don't want to have your room cleaned, remember to put the sign up (you can find it in the stand where remote control for TV is), the ladies come sometime after 10am to clean up. As it happened, we did not have the cleaning service at all because we were leaving the room way past the cleaning schedule.

In terms of the noise, the room was surprisingly quiet, aside form the delivery truck which passed right outside of our windows. We had a pleasant dinner at the Crossroads pub, but never actually got around to dining at the hotel's pub (but I know from recommendations the meals are of big sizes and quite good value in terms of money too. The pub does 2 for 1 offer).

I saw some people complained about rude staff. I had only the opposite experience, aside from maybe the lady who checked us out, apparently she mumbled something under her breath, but I did not personally hear a thing.

In overall a very pleasant stay and I would recommend the hotel to anyone. Really good value and nice surrounding.

Room Tip: Room 14 is one of the rooms in the annex, choose it for some extra privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple