“Comfortable accommodation in an excellent location.”
Review of Greycroft

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alnwick
Greycroft
Ranked #3 of 68 Alnwick B&B and Inns
Piddlehinton, United Kingdom
“Comfortable accommodation in an excellent location.”
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We received a personal welcome with an offer of a hot drink. Whilst we drank our tea our questions of where to visit and recommendations of a wide variety of local places to eat were given. Although we only had time to stay for one night we now intend to return and tour the area. The breakfast menu was discussed and lived up to expectations the following morning. The kippers were out of this world, the best eaten in many years. We had a mid week stay and ate at the local steak house (Louis') where we took advantage of their special offers available - another excellent meal!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Lancashire
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Stayed Feb 2010 for 3 nights. Had high expectations from the descriptions and pictures on the website, these were all exceeded. Tom and Audrey are perfect hosts, very welcoming, friendly and gave plenty of advice on where to eat and the local attractions. Stayed in the Green room, this is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits available in the room. Plenty to see and do in the area. Three days is not enough so we’ve already booked to stay for another long weekend in May. I can highly recommend Greycroft as an ideal base for exploring Northumberland.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Newtown
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I spent two nights here in October, and I didn't want to leave! Tom and Audrey were fantastic hosts, full of information and recommendations about the surrounding areas, and just so enthusiastic. The location was perfect, a short stroll to the main street of Alnwick, which surprisingly had some fantastic shops and restaurants. They suggested an amazing Italian restaurant which was less than a 5 minute walk away, it was one of the best meals, and the cheapest I had on my 6 week trip. The room itself was immaculate, with homey touches that made it feel more welcoming, a fantastic shower too! The breakfast was delicious, and looking over the garden was so relaxing even though it drizzled for the two days I spent there. I travelled to Alnwick as I wanted to stay in a smaller English town and to visit the Castle which was an amazing place to see, bits of Harry Potter were filmed there but ask one of the guides there to point out the spots as they are not marked on the map. I wasn't that impressed by the nearby Alnwick Gardens, Benmore Gardens in Scotland was much more colourful and scenic, and also alot cheaper. I would recommend Greycroft to anyone, it was the best B&B I stayed in on my trip, it could not be beaten.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Renfrewshire
Reviewed 17 December 2009

From the moment we stepped through the door of this exceptional home we were wonderfully looked after by Tom and Audrey. Greycroft is beautifully appointed and the breakfast kippers are the best we've ever tasted. Alnwick is a lovely town with many great eating places just a short stroll away. A splendid base for exploring Northumberland - they even dry your boots off for you if the weather isn't quite as hospitable as the hosts...well, we were there in December!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed 28 November 2009

I recently made a booking for my trip next year for two nights online and I was surprised to get a personal email from Tom and Audrey acknowledging my reservation and even provide me with links to help me with my trip.

Since I am still doing research and looking for a car rental in the area (which really frustrates me since I couldnt find a local one), they quickly respond to my query within 10 mins with a recommendation.

Im really looking forward to see Alnwick and with all the positive reviews I read from here, I will definitely update my review here after my trip.

Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Huddersfield
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Right from the start of arriving at Grey Croft - we were made to feel very welcome - Audrey & Tom are great hosts, with fantastic knowledge of the area - where to go etc.. and make a mean breakfast! :o)

We stayed in the green room - which was lovely, very spacious with a fab shower (the infra red mirror light was v. cool!)

It's definitely well worth staying there - it's in a great part of the country and we found it to be a very relaxing stay (we didn't want to go home!). We will be going back!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 20 November 2009

This was our second stay at Greycroft, and we will certainly be returning. The bedrooms are comfortable and maintained to a very high standard. The breakfast was lovely, and served by the friendly proprietors who have the skill of giving personal service on a pforessional level.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple