“Perfect now; time to change!”
Review of Lilburn's

Lilburn's
Ranked #16 of 119 Restaurants in Alnwick
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
London
“Perfect now; time to change!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for a long time and the food is unfailingly good. The quality is always excellent, the service brilliant and the meals have never failed me. It is always good value. I am not giving it an excellent because the menu has hardly changed in the last few years and the daily specials have stayed the same in the last six months. I have no complaints about anything but feel it is time the Chef wandered out from behind his excellent but time worn dishes and try something new which I know, in his capable hands, will become gems!

• Visited November 2013

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times over the years and despite the lack of atmosphere especially at night the food was always good if not a bit on the expensive side, however I went in last week first time in a while and I am disappointed to report the place feels shabby ,definitely time for a face lift if you ask me , it isn't dirty just tired and sad , the menus tatty the upholstery worn and the loos just not what you would expect ( hand dryer not working ) this may be trivial to some people but I think it all adds up ! So spend some money and do the place up and get a bit atmosphere going on is my advice as it could be great and it's just poor !
On the plus side the food is not too bad but not great either ,

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank wendy601
Ossett, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat in Alnwick”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Found this little restaurant in Alnwick. Needed to book on a Saturday but even though interior was simple, food was excellent and good value for money. Defo recommended! Piped music also great, all from 80's which suited us.

• Visited October 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“An alnwick gem”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Alnwick for a week and enjoyed eating here so much the first time that we returned. It's a very welcoming restaurant, bustling but congenial. The menu was varied, prices reasonable, service efficient and courteous. A first class experience, very enjoyable.

Visited October 2013
Edinburgh
“Overpriced and poor service”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My father order duck. It was in edible. Tough and very overlooked. It was so bad that we actually had to return it. When the bill came at the end I was surprised to see just a total without itemising the food and drinks we had. The bill seemed very high so I asked to see an itemised bill which never came. However the waitress said a mistake had been made and we had been charged for 2 bottles of wine instead of 2 glasses of wine. I think what really happened was that they charged us for the returned main dish. Either way they attempted to overcharge us. Unforgivable in my book. So beware this restaurant overcharges. Insist on an itemised bill. Food itself was very average. I will certainly not be going back.

• Visited September 2013