Bow House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$243
US$142
Travelocity
Purdy Lodge(Belford)
US$119
Newton Hall(Newton by the Sea)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseggy breadtea and cakeb bon arrivalbari teadecanter of sherryprivate terracehost davidbacon and maple syrupattention to detailnice coupleloose leaf teahigh standardmarket squarefresh milktown centrelocal produce
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed in the Viscount room which is at the top of the house and was lovely and bright. The room is not huge, and has a small ensuites, but the room does have a small sofa in it to sit on which was great. The bed was very comfortable and king size. Bathrobes in the wardrobe were a great touch as was the complimentary sherry, bottled water, bottled beer and fresh milk for your tea and coffee! I am very critical about cleanliness but everywhere in the B&B was spotless!

Breakfast was excellent and as we had to pre-order the night before I asked if I could have baked beans( as not on the pre order list) I was very happy when my breakfast arrived with the baked beans! The owners went out of their way to accommodate me. Thank you!

Would certainly recommend this B&B, the owners were very friendly and informative.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OToole123
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My Partner and I stayed at Bow House for 3 nights form 26/4/14 - 29/4/14. I would recommend it to anyone. We received a very warm welcome from David and Bev. The attention to detail was excellent. We were offered tea and cake on arrival, which was a lovely gesture. Our room was large and had its own private balcony with table and chairs, although the weather was not that warm it was so nice to be able to walk out onto. The bed was extremely comfortable, with very nice bedding all in contrast with the theme of the room. We also had a decanter of sherry in our room, a very thoughtful touch, the ensuite was larger than most I have stayed in with a large shower cubicle. It was our first visit to Alnwick, it was to celebrate my Partners 60th, and David and Bev booked us into a couple of nice restaurants, Lilburns and The Tree House, both very nice, the Tree House being most unusual. David was very informative about Alnwick, nothing was ever to much trouble, we were treated excellently. The breakfast menu was first class, and the smoke salmon was the best ever. It was a wonderful stay, and made my partners birthday extra special, by the lovely hospitality we received, and a beautiful place to stay. We will definately return. Thank you David and Bev

Room Tip: We had the Crecy Room, which had its own private balcony and chairs etc. There is a church nearby, which did chime it's bells every quarter of an hour, but it did not disturb us and I am a light sleeper. Maybe if we had a room at the front we may have hear more, but overall it's a very small price to pay for such a lovely B & B.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Lovely place. Welcoming and friendly. High quality accommodation and service. The little extra touches made all the difference (bath robes, sherry in the room, fresh milk in the communal fridge, filter coffee and a range of specialist teas in the bedroom. Thank you for a lovely stay. Angela & Alan

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela N
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had an enjoyable stay in this well appointed accommodation. On arrival we had a warm welcome from the friendly hosts. The rooms were spotless and tastefully furnished. 5 minutes walking distance to the castle and garden. So many nice touches inside the B&B: fresh milk in a communal fridge, loose teas as well as standard if desired. Sherry in the room, breakfast made to order. Locally sourced, quality produce. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed from the 17th to 21st April during the busy Easter period. Found the service excellent from David and Bev. Offered tea and cake on arrival and help with luggage to room. David very informative about Alnwick and very attentive to individual needs. Travelled with my wife and mother in law and found owners very flexible to meet our needs. Central location for walking into the centre of Alnwick and local church for a family celebration. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family