“High Quality Food and Great Service”
Review of Varanda - CLOSED

Varanda
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Varanda’s small frontage means it is easy to miss as you drive past. Luckily we didn’t miss it and enjoyed some of the best South Asian cuisine we have ever experienced.
Vegetarian diners are well served with a good selection of specialities. I was impressed with my choice of the Chef Special Shabzi, a selection of vegetables in a rich coriander based spicy sauce with mushroom pilau rice. My wife chose the Prawn Dhansak which she described as the best Dhansak she had ever tasted, with an onion rice accompaniment which had a perfect texture.
Service and atmosphere was faultless and added to a positive dining experience. We will definitely visit again the next time we travel to Northumbria.

2  Thank the-bems

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a quiet Monday night in December. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed a lovely meal here.

We regularly enjoy Indian cuisine and have tried many indian restaurants around England and India and were very pleased with the high standard here. All our food was well spiced, not greasy and very tasty.

The meal wasn't cheap but considering the high standard of food it was good value.

1  Thank Huge1
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have become, with my partner, a regular customer at Varanda
Martin and his staff particularly Hafiz and Noman are without doubt the most attentive and charming waiting staff I have ever come to meet, the smiles, attention and service are beyond reproach.
I am from the South East where I am closely involved with the Bangladeshi community and something of an aficionado of Indian Food.
At Varanda the food is of an exceptional quality that would be difficult to surpass save for the service and professionalism of Martin and his team.

3  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Excellent food and very good value- got the banquet for 2 and was able to change the plain rice for mushroom pilau without a problem. Will definitely use again.

1  Thank claire w
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Happened to get a take a way from here and was pleasantly surprised. The food was really nicely cooked and full of flavour. I got a meat thali (8 course special meat thali), that basically is a banquet for 1, but would easily do two people. As you would guess, the meal is full of meat so defiantly one to go for all meat lovers....even the rice is full of minced lamb! A nice mix of two curries, Lamb bhuna and chicken tikka masala along with poppadoms, naan bread, salad and a mixed starter. All for £11.95. that might seem a little pricey but like mentioned, would easily do two people.
I will defiantly go back and next time eat in.!

1  Thank Kelvina9