This is such a hidden gem of a hotel, its just stunning inside.
We had been to the hotel once before to look around for our wedding and my fiance suggested going for mothers day for a 3 course meal as a treat.
The meal itself was amazing, i had the pork with some beautiful cooked veg and the children had gorgeous childrens meals with home made chicken nuggets, they adored their food!
The service was professional and they staff were all really friendly and polite and it was a pleasure to have dined there.
There was a wedding on that day and the receptionist did advise us that when i made my booking, which i think was good as some people might of been a little put off with the hotel being on the smallish side.
I asked for a wedding pack but there was none that day but they emailed me a wedding pack straight away and i was shown the olympic suite set up for the wedding that day and was blown away by how beautiful it looked.
Needless to say we will be back and hopefully be booking our wedding very soon for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HRS, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland