We have just come back from a 1 night stay at The White Swan Hotel. We only booked the room the day before as an extension to our break in Northumberland.We were given the Warkworth suite on a B&B basis.
Firstly about the comments previously mentioned about decor: we thought it is in keeping with the hotel style/age and we didn't even think about that as it is a 3* not a 5*.
The staff are excellent - it was our 10th wedding anniversary and when we got into our room we had an anniversary card waiting. The suite was spacious and clean - towels were fluffy and certainly not threadbare or have any holes in them - when we left today the towels being put into all the rooms along the corridor were the same.
We had lunch in Hardys Bistro - about £5 for a sandwich which isnt too expensive - nice food.
We also chose to eat in the olympic dining room at night - £25pp for 3 courses with plenty of choice, we found the meal was hot, enough on plate to fill us up and feel we had eaten enough and walk out not hungry. However, if the dining room hadnt been available then Hardys has a good menu and again a good choice if you didnt want to pay that for 3 courses.
Hotel is in centre of Alnwick - so if you do get a room at the front then yes you do get a bit of general noise and this may annoy certain folk, but we coped ok with it and had a great nites sleep.
All in all our stay was great - if you book to go here remember you are not booking a 5*deluxe hotel - you get a 3* standard with 5* service from the staff, good food, prices average for hotels in the area & excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland