Earlier in the week we spent 2 nights at the White Swan and we loved it! Why? The position in the middle of Alnwick. The brilliant staff - obliging, friendly, nothing to much trouble. Breakfast in the amazing Olympic dining room, a very special experience. Dinners in the Bistro. On a very busy Monday night the waiting staff were outstanding and the food was very good. Our room was fine. On the front of the hotel, but not noisy in the week.
This isn't a boutique hotel and shows signs of wear but that is part of the charm. Will absolutely definitely return to The White Swan we had a very enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the historic market town of Alnwick and only a stone's throw from Alnwick Castle and Gardens, The White Swan is a charming 300 year old coaching inn that blends its unique heritage with superb accommodation.For generations one of the North of England's primary hotels, The White Swan is probably best known for its Olympic Dining Suite which features the magnificent panelling, mirrors and stained glass windows from the Titanic's sister ship. All 57 bedrooms are designed to an impeccable standard, and Hardy's Bistro, our contemporary, informal dining experience, is open all day for coffee, light lunches and an excellent bistro menu.The perfect stopover en route to Scotland, we're also your base for discovering the famous gardens at Alnwick Castle, and a tour of the very best of the North East with its unspoilt coastline, historic castles and Holy Island, Northumberland National Park and the exciting cities of Durham and Newcastle. Then return to the hotel for a traditional afternoon tea in front of the fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel, Alnwick Hotel Alnwick
- White Swan Alnwick
- White Swan Hotel Alnwick
- The White Swan Hotel Alnwick, Northumberland