“Great venue for a special celebration!”

Doxford Hall Hotel Spa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I would recommend Doxford Hall hotel for a wedding or an anniversary. If you go to the restaurant, the food is superb.
I am not so keen on the Christmas dinners served downstairs to various groups/companies who have booked for the occasion. It reminded me of school dinners! Maybe we were inferior guests!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Setting and Ambiance Fab . Food Good . Drinks not badly priced . Great venue for a wedding . Plenty of rooms and great room we were in for the wedding reception . Les Slater Alnwick Northumberland

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel has a good chef and competes well with the best in the area. We eat in similar starred restaurants but not as good . Nothing wrong with any aspect of the hotel though.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had 2 guests who were vegetarian who gave the dining room and the chef a challenge with the types of food they could eat. the chef came up trumps and despite having a large wedding party in the other rooms, made us feel like we were the only people that mattered. Top class consideration and service. Well done guys.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel was clean, bright and beautifully furnished. The breakfasts and bar meals we experienced were lovely. We thought it was great that you could choose any of the lounges or library to have a bar meal or afternoon tea. There was even a choice of the restaurant or the drawing room to have your breakfast!
The staff were most helpful.
Please note you need to go to the leisure facilities already changed as there are only 2 cubicles in the unisex changing room and no cubicle showers to use, following a swim. I did find it inappropriate and embarrassing to walk through the hotel in a wet swimsuit and the bathrobe, which is provided, especially as I was passing the restaurant one evening when a couple were being shown through for their meal. I'm sure they weren't too pleased to see me dressed in that fashion!