The Hog's Head Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Eshott Hall(Eshott)
  • Restaurant
Newton Hall(Newton by the Sea)
Purdy Lodge(Belford)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmodern hotelgood sizeroad noiselarge partybuffet breakfastrooms are spacioussunday carveryflat screen tvearly checkfamily roomevening mealsteak and ale pielight sleeperovernight stayplay areaexcellent staydouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at the Hog’s Head over two days for a Wedding we were attending in Ellingham Hall.

From the moment we arrived the staff made us extremely welcome and that continued throughout the stay. The rooms were spacious, clean and had everything you needed for a comfortable stay.

The decor in the bar area was excellent and breakfast was a self service affair which was very good quality.

All in all a great stay at a very competitive price.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Poolietosh
PRO76, Public Relations Manager at The Hog's Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

That's excellent - glad you enjoyed your stay, Thank you for the review and the five stars too.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here from 26th June for 4 nights for a wedding at Alnwick Castle. I must say this is a great place to stay, the room was spacious and very clean. The staff were great, like meeting old friends. The food was very good and according to my sister, Mother and Wife the Sharing Sundaes were very, very good. Alnwick was a 4 minute drive away from the hotel, or if walking is not a problem we found we could walk to Alnwick in under 30 minutes. Seahouses is also a short drive away, as is Bamburgh Castle. Would I reccomend staying here....definately, will I stay here again....I hope to.
The Hogshead is greatly placed to visit Alnwick Castle & Gardens and the surrounding areas, the bar prices are very reasonable as is the restaurant prices. Special mention to Gary, Bryony and the rest of the staff for their excellent service and making us feel at "home".

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hayes_Geoff
PRO76, Front Office Manager at The Hog's Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Great to hear - hope you return again soon. Thanks for the five stars too.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The rooms we had were large, spotlessly clean with comfy beds. Friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Great choice of food both at breakfast and for main meals. Not too much noise transfer between corridor and other rooms. Not the most scenic of locations but great access to the main road and Alnwick itself. Will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Excellent - we are delighted to hear! Thank you for the review and the five stars too!

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I had been here once before and enjoyed my first meal. This time I decided on a lighter meal and opted for the hot beef sandwich - it came with chips and salad. The salad was dripping in oil meaning I couldn't even taste the peppers (my favourite bit), the chips were mediocre and the hot beef sandwich was dry (considering it had gravy) - I was very disappointed on this outing and chose not to have dessert in case I was further disappointed! I hope it's a one off bit I'm on no hurry to return now!
Friends enjoyed their salad but they go for dressings and olive oil where I don't... Nicer to have a choice...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sassystewart

That's a shame to hear. We usually get very good reviews for our food and are proud to have a strong local and visitor following. Please give us another try…

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hogs Head after I had been lucky enough to win a three night break which included DB&B.We stayed in a room laid out to accommodate people with disabilites,it was very spacious and offered all the facilities you come to expect but don't always get in rooms for the disabled.
The food at dinner was very tasty and well presented,whilst the full English breakfast was excellent,it set us both up for the rest of the day.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff who we found to be very polite helpful and extremely hardworking.The girls in the restaurant never seemed to stop dashing about serving meals,clearing tables etc,they were certainly kept very busy.
Thanks for a very enjoyable stay,in fact we enjoyed it so much that we have booked to come back in August for another three night break.This time we are going to bring our grand-daughter with us I'm sure she will enjoy it just as much as we did this break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dereksimpson21

Thank you for troubling to leave a review - and for the five stars. We are looking forward to welcoming you back with your family :)