“Welcoming and friendly service.”

Marilyn & Melrose Studio
Ranked #26 of 44 things to do in Alnwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Marilyn & Melrose is an Official Stockist of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ & Fabrics and runs Annie Sloan Accredited workshops on how to use the Chalk Paint™. You will find a wonderful selection of hand-painted Furniture (Antique, Vintage & Retro)for sale as well as gifts, including some beautiful 18thC Porcelain. You will also find a connoisseur selection of Fine Art Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles by Wentworth, Jewellery, Retro Style Wall Art and much, much more.Expect a friendly welcome, a pleasant atmosphere and feel very welcome to simply browse.Also, we are happy to say that four-legged friends are VERY welcome. We are currently collecting photographs of all Canine visitors :-)Please don't expect a shopping in a rush experience .... it's all very old fashioned ~ hand-written receipts, no till (although we do have a card machine!), but please do expect good, friendly service.
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Visited Marilyn and Melrose, whilst on holiday, in October 2012. I had identified them as an 'Annie Sloan' stockist so they were therefore, top of my list, to visit. The owners were really friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the paint. They gave me lots of advice and ideas. Dogs are welcome, inside the shop, which meant my other half didn't have to stand outside for ages whilst I had a look around. Will definitely recommend to others.

1  Thank Lara H

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Visited Marilyn and Melrose after finding they were the stockists for Annie Sloan paints that someone had recommended to me. I have bought some furniture for my daughters bedroom and would like to have a go at painting them. Really excellent service and advice from Marilyn and Melrose, and I bought some lovely paint. I am still psyching myself up to do the actual painting and think I may go on one of their workshops first to give me the confidence to have a go! Would recommend all to visit!

2  Thank KatieJMc
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This recently opened shop specialises in the supply of a brand of Chalk Paints for the creation of "Shabby Chic" furniture. They sell ready painted furniture and also run half day courses for people wanting to do their own work at home. Additionally they also sell household furnishing and fashion items including table lamps, cushion covers, small items of jewellery and Wentworth jigsaw puzzles. Very well worth a visit if you are in Alnwick.

1  Thank Nicholas I
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Have visited this quaint little shop numerous times, felt like a treasure hunt.. Rewarded with manners from friendly approachable staff, willing to share idea's and help in a areas.. Will continue to visit as I live locally, good value.. A great little place with huge appeal..

1  Thank Jaynebell
Karen S, Owner at Marilyn & Melrose Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Marilyn & Melrose. It's so encouraging when local people do this and we're really happy that you have enjoyed coming in to see us. We'll continue to be as supportive and helpful as possible to all our customers.

Very grateful and happy! :)