“quaint ,full of beautiful things for the home”

Marilyn & Melrose Studio
Ranked #24 of 41 things to do in Alnwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Marilyn & Melrose is an Official Stockist of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ & Fabrics and runs Annie Sloan Accredited workshops on how to use the Chalk Paint™. You will find a wonderful selection of hand-painted Furniture (Antique, Vintage & Retro)for sale as well as gifts, including some beautiful 18thC Porcelain. You will also find a connoisseur selection of Fine Art Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles by Wentworth, Jewellery, Retro Style Wall Art and much, much more.Expect a friendly welcome, a pleasant atmosphere and feel very welcome to simply browse.Also, we are happy to say that four-legged friends are VERY welcome. We are currently collecting photographs of all Canine visitors :-)Please don't expect a shopping in a rush experience .... it's all very old fashioned ~ hand-written receipts, no till (although we do have a card machine!), but please do expect good, friendly service.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“quaint ,full of beautiful things for the home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

visited early may with my husband, we were wandering around the town of alnwick and came upon this shop, down an alley, it is an amazing shop full of beautiful things for the home, very reasonably prices, i bought a picture frame and a couple of other bits, but could have spent a fortune. the gentleman was very helpful and friendly. would definitely recommend a visit too this shop if u like too put the 'extra finishing touches' too your home. we will definitely be returning and if necessary shopping on line

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ablb

Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcoming and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Visited Marilyn and Melrose, whilst on holiday, in October 2012. I had identified them as an 'Annie Sloan' stockist so they were therefore, top of my list, to visit. The owners were really friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the paint. They gave me lots of advice and ideas. Dogs are welcome, inside the shop, which meant my other half didn't have to stand outside for ages whilst I had a look around. Will definitely recommend to others.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lara H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Gorgeous treasure trove of beautiful painted antique furniture, and amazing collection of Annie Sloan paints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Visited Marilyn and Melrose after finding they were the stockists for Annie Sloan paints that someone had recommended to me. I have bought some furniture for my daughters bedroom and would like to have a go at painting them. Really excellent service and advice from Marilyn and Melrose, and I bought some lovely paint. I am still psyching myself up to do the actual painting and think I may go on one of their workshops first to give me the confidence to have a go! Would recommend all to visit!

2 Thank KatieJMc
Stamford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“A Charming Shop in Alnwick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

This recently opened shop specialises in the supply of a brand of Chalk Paints for the creation of "Shabby Chic" furniture. They sell ready painted furniture and also run half day courses for people wanting to do their own work at home. Additionally they also sell household furnishing and fashion items including table lamps, cushion covers, small items of jewellery and Wentworth jigsaw puzzles. Very well worth a visit if you are in Alnwick.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nicholas I
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Gracious, inviting & a feast to the eyes..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Have visited this quaint little shop numerous times, felt like a treasure hunt.. Rewarded with manners from friendly approachable staff, willing to share idea's and help in a areas.. Will continue to visit as I live locally, good value.. A great little place with huge appeal..

1 Thank Jaynebell
Karen S, Owner at Marilyn & Melrose Studio, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Marilyn & Melrose. It's so encouraging when local people do this and we're really happy that you have enjoyed coming in to see us. We'll continue to be as supportive and helpful as possible to all our customers.

Very grateful and happy! :)