“Amazingly delicate and imaginative”
Review of Thai Vibe

Thai Vibe
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thai Vibe is a slow food establishment offering Royal Thai Cuisine in a relaxing environment. Our lunchtime menu is different from the evening one, providing smaller and simpler dishes.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Not a Thai restaurant per se, but an amazing interpretation of thai cuisine - with a Thai vibe. Very limited menu, but each dish is perfectly cooked and there are plans to expand the menu. Whilst this is a fledgling business, I think this is a place to watch. Give it a go before it becomes so popular that you can't get a table! Good luck with the business, you deserve to succeed.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I haven't eaten Thai food before and don't like spicy food but tried here because my husband fancied it. I was pleasantly surprised, the place itself is very calming and peaceful and the food was delicious. There are only four starters and mains but I still managed to find something to order. The owner described the food as complex rather than hot and he was absolutely right. I had the vegetable spring rolls to start and the presentation was superb and they were really tasty. There was a sauce in a little pot and I found that it had plenty of flavour and wasn't just hot/spicy. I then had the beef and it was also delicious, the sauce that came in a separate bowl was absolutely gorgeous and I ate all of that too - my husband was quite surprised! I was quite full but decided on dessert as I really fancied the coconut ice cream and banana fritters and was glad I did as it was superb. The batter on the fritter was the best that I have ever tasted, not soggy or too crisp - lovely and light and the ice cream was also delicious. The service was excellent and the meal was served at just the right spacing between courses. My husband loved it too and we would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have used Thai Vibe three times now and have recommended it to our friends when they were in Alnwick. The menu has some classic Thai dishes although limited in number, with four main dishes and four starters, but there is an item to cater for everybody’s taste. We have now sampled every item on the menu (some twice) and they have all been a delight in both flavour and presentation. At the time of this review, the restaurant was still awaiting its licence, so it’s a bring your own policy if you want alcohol. There were plenty of soft drinks on offer as well as the ubiquitous tap water. We brought our own wine and decent quality wine glasses were provided as well as water on the table.

It’s a small staff of three with an authentic Thai chef, the owner who serves and performs ‘front of house’ duties assisted by another Thai friend. Service and hosting were always excellent, complimenting the food and ambience. Décor inside is contemporary and light in feel with the occasional quirky wall item or Thai statue for flavour. You won’t feel as though you are in a rain forest but you will be comfortable.

Excellent Thai food, excellent service and a reasonable price – you can’t go wrong.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We enjoyed every second we where there and more so every mouthful, the food is mouthwatering the staff are friendly and in the space of 1hr we where seated, had starter and main meal as well as pudding (now that's quick). The only thing is I would book your table as its very small and glad to say we will be going back.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Good food, atmosphere, we are local , and it is nice to have somewhere else which serves good food, host , and staff very friendly keep up the good work , it is just what alnwick needs We are local and will be back , Good luck