“Good home cooked food!!”
Review of The Alnwick Arms - CLOSED

The Alnwick Arms
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We are also DOG Friendly
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The sign says good home cooked food, how true that is. We Stopped here for a bite to eat and was really surprise by the quality and the quantity of the food. Give this a go.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Came upon this pub by chance when we stayed in Alnwick end of sept , we were greeted by warm friendly staff with great senses of humour and a barman that gave excellent measures !! Lol
We decided to have a meal and we went for the scampi Wow when it came out it was huge the chef doesn't believe in small portions it was lovely and I had the nicest varied salad I have had as a side dish in a very long time .
We returned on Sunday for Sunday lunch at tea time and again the Sunday dinner was huge infact I went Oh my god how am I gonna eat all that loads of veg n roasts n homemade york puds. I didn't manage it all but what I did have was nice good old wholesome cooking .
I wish them every success and if I'm ever in Alnwick again I will be calling in again that's for sure

1  Thank kh1354
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have had three beautiful meals here.....truely amazing home cooked food at excellent prices....I will definatly be back

1  Thank sazmort
Reviewed 28 September 2013

we have just had a four day break in Alnwick and had our meals at The Alnwick Arms, after the first meal there was no way we were going to look elsewere, the pub is spotlessly clean,we were made very welcome and the food was to die for,eveything was cooked perfectly,real chips no frozen rubbish,over the four days we tried different meals and they were all perfect, we were very happy with the quality and the quantity and they were good value for money, we will be back again, good luck to Geoff &Chris the new owners

1  Thank katht_11
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We called in to this pub as they allowed our small well behaved dog in. We ordered meals and were very happy with the quality,quantity and value for money. We had a bit of a wait but was well worth it. Good luck to the new owners -hopefully will see you next year when we head up that way again for a holiday!!

2  Thank curtis147