“Superb.”

Price range: US$1 - US$11
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 15 December 2013

If you fancy Fish n Chips, look no further. Service was friendly and quick. The food was perfect, nice and crisp batter, which wasn't greasy. I know us Yorkshire folk don't have a monopoly on fish n chips. But we know a good 'un when we see it. This will not disappoint.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was traveling to Edinburgh one Friday and we were caught in awful traffic. A quick check with Trip Advisor made us aware of Carlos.
We were not disappointed.. Easy parking, courteous staff and most importantly great food.
Only down side is that due to the design of the establishment you end up smelling rather strongly of fried food on your departure!
Won't put me off visiting again though and I will now try to plan it into my future journeys north.
Walking distance to the nearby castle too.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We couldn't fault the fish and chips we had in Carlo's when we visited Alnwick while in the area seeing family. We went on a recommendation and weren't disappointed - cooked to perfection and with good service, we will be back!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have eaten fish and chips all over the UK, Rick Steins in Padstow, The Magpie in Whitby and many more and Carlos is equal to them and better than anything else in Northumberland. Great light batter around fresh fillets of cod or haddock.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Carlo's was a great find. We had been travelling from London to Alnwick all day and when we arrived, we took a walk through the town to stretch our legs and find somewhere to have an early supper. We came upon Carlo's and thought we would give it a try. Apparently, only 2% of the nation's chippies hold 5-star fish and chip quality award and this is one of them. Deservedly so. I had cod, chips and mushy peas, a slice of bread and a cup of tea in the downstairs part of the restaurant. The fish was fresh, perfectly cooked in a light batter, the chips were 'real' chips, chunky, golden and not greasy and the mushy peas completed an excellent example of how good fish and chips can be. The restaurant was clean, bright and unfussy, the staff jolly and friendly. Carlo's also takes care to buy their fish from suppliers who are committed to maintaining sustainable fish stocks which is admirable in my book.