“watery food and poor taste quality!”
Review of Dalchini Alnwick - CLOSED

Dalchini Alnwick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend didnt like any of the meak we hadbwhether it was starter main or oudding, it just wasnt good quakity food!

2  Thank Traveler21Steph

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went early May i don,t usually like Bangladeshi curries half as much as Pakistani curries and guess what I was right wife had shredded duck nice I had lamb chops totally tasteless apart from the onions then wife chicken Tika style with lentil I thought I had lamb bhuna actually it wasn't,t lamb it was beef I do know the different taste and texture
Why do they do this beef is also expensive I didn,t say anything cos wife was there I will say that they at least put meat in which is unusual in Bangladeshi food it's normally lashings of peppers and onions and a couple of pieces of meat the curries were nice I have to say and the waiter was friendly and helpfull . Ps can,t wait to go to Shyhiba in Sowerby Bridge best curries in country !! Really

2  Thank franny59
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Was welcomed warmly and ordered our takeaway with ease. Excellent food in large quantities, really good meal. Ordered too much as quantities were generous!

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

our takeaway was full of flavour but completey cold.. would have been lovely if hot, just hope they take this on board as why present beautiful food to be spoilt by being cold...will try again to give them the benefit of doubt as we're local, just hoping its hot next time!

2  Thank ohsunshinelover
Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a recent three day break in Northumberland we found lots of pubs offering the typical usual pub grub but then we stumbled across Dalchini Indian Restaurant.from the outside this looks just like most typical Indians but we were tempted by the EarlyBird menu and decided to give it a go....x5 courses for £10.95.
Having ordered the food it arrived promptly and we were simply blown away. considering the value for money option we chose, the quality of the food was amazing.really well cooked Indian food and not swimming in ghee/oil but full of tasty, original flavours; lots of meat and wonderful tasty sauces.
thankyou