We are fans of Premier Inns (as Ann R is) and have stayed in many over the countryside in the U.K. This at present is the best setting we have ever stayed inn. The hotel is set in a country park and overlooks the lake where there is much wildlife to see. The view from our front room overlooking the lake was amazing, although guests staying at the back of the hotel did not have the same impression. Therefore we would ALWAYS ask for an upstairs front room when we go again, as we will most definitely do this. We walked round the lake a few times and there are seats around the lake for you to sit on. Brewers Fayre is the restaurant attached to the hotel and they had an excellent choice of menu . However what stood out for us was they had Theme Nights, for example the Friday Night was Fish Night, the Saturday Night was Chicken Night and Sunday was Carvery Day (although you can still order from the menu). Food was well cooked and the staff were very attentive, polite and helpful. There is a childrens play area in front of the restaurant which was very well used whilst we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your gateway to the great outdoors, Premier Inn Hotel Ashington is just a stone's throw from the Coastal Route, top-notch beaches, and gorgeous gardens. And, as the last Premier Inn before Scotland, it's a beautiful spot to break up a long journey. Spark your imagination at the epic Alnwick Castle. Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Or delve into history at the Woodhorn Colliery Museum. After a day's work or play, return to our country park setting, lakeside views, Brewers Fayre restaurant and extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. For energy efficiency reasons, the bedroom windows do not open at this Premier Inn. All rooms are fitted with air conditioning. Directions: From A1 North/South follow signs to Morpeth then Woodhorn Colliery Museum/ Ashington. Located in Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, next to entrance past the museum. From A19 take A189 coastal route at Cramlington continue on A189 for approx 10 miles. Next to the Woodhorn Grange Brewers Fayre. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: NE63 9AT Transport and local information: Pegswood Train Station 5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Ashington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Ashington
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Northumberland