Stayed at this hotel on a Monday evening. Building work in the kitchen below my room started about 8.00pm and continued until 1.00am. Drilling, banging etc kept me awake. No phones in the room so only way of phoning reception is at 10p/min on an 0870 number. Staff very apologetic on both occasions as was the receptionist in the morning who gave me a full refund.
How a hotel that advertises a 'good night guarantee' can arrange for overnight builders is beyond me. Staff were very sympathetic and did their best, but they didn't know the builders were in the hotel until I complained and didn't seem to have the ability to send them away.
Also, finding this place in the dark is a nightmare. It's on an unlit road and because it's set back from the road you can't see it as you approach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your gateway to the great outdoors, Premier Inn Hotel Ashington is just a stone's throw from the Coastal Route, top-notch beaches, and gorgeous gardens. And, as the last Premier Inn before Scotland, it's a beautiful spot to break up a long journey. Spark your imagination at the epic Alnwick Castle. Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Or delve into history at the Woodhorn Colliery Museum. After a day's work or play, return to our country park setting, lakeside views, Brewers Fayre restaurant and extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. For energy efficiency reasons, the bedroom windows do not open at this Premier Inn. All rooms are fitted with air conditioning. Directions: From A1 North/South follow signs to Morpeth then Woodhorn Colliery Museum/ Ashington. Located in Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, next to entrance past the museum. From A19 take A189 coastal route at Cramlington continue on A189 for approx 10 miles. Next to the Woodhorn Grange Brewers Fayre. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: NE63 9AT Transport and local information: Pegswood Train Station 5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Ashington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Ashington
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Northumberland