“Spotless, best Premier Inn I've used so far”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ashington
“Spotless, best Premier Inn I've used so far”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I regularly use the Premier Inn when I'm in London so I was pleasantly surprised to find there's one in Ashington.

I booked two family rooms for a weekend. The rooms were spotlessly clean, well furnished, very comfortable beds. The USB port on the television is a great idea and can play music as well as video.

Very friendly staff, nice bar (but please get some nice IPA in for next time).

Breakfast was just perfect. Table service was a nice surprise, very useful when you've got small kids to look after.

The evening meals we had were ok.

The soft play area was really handy to keep the grandkids occupied.

I have never encountered a bad Premier Inn yet and I have to say that the Ashington one is the best of them.

We'll definitely be using this hotel again the next time we visit Northumberland.

Please keep up this standard and you won't be short of customers any time soon.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better. If you stay on the ground floor there's a chance you may get an elephant...
1 Thank KevH111
GMPremierInn11, General Manager at Premier Inn Ashington Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your review. Your comments are very much appreciated and my team will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Reviewed 28 January 2014

A very friendly welcome when we arrived here for our stay. Hotel easy to find with fab views from our room of the lake. Extremely clean and large double room. Attached to a Brewers Fayre pub for drinks and food.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback regarding our clean and comfortable rooms and I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Fantastic experience from start to finish, lovely warm and friendly staff well done premier inn Ashington. Room was excellent everything we needed plus a huge tv on the wall ............................

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
Insch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Staff fantastic, rooms nice and clean. Restaurant very nice. Receptionist when I booked in made sure room was ready as I checked in at 12.15 and very early. The receptionist on later that evening provided me with a taxi and great local knowledge. we ate a few meals here including breakfast and found it to be all very nice. Would stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is set in the country park and we were fortunate to have a lakeside room so we could see all the swans, geese and gulls. Our room was clean and comfortable and the heating was easy to adjust , which was welcome on a wet a windy January day.
Check in was simple and the staff were charming, I had to go back to our car for a bag and the receptionist made a point of asking if everything was ok
The restaurant is what you expect from a Brewers Fayre, the menu had recently been tweaked and there is plenty to choose, but it is largely fried...!
Gents toilet would benefit from a few hours attention to tighten seats, taps and door hadles

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

excellent place, nice and quite and 'away from anywhere feel' about the place. I have stayed 3 times in 1 years and enjoy it. The lake opposite is relaxing and to see hundreds of geese in the morning was quite a surprise as the first time, I did not see the lake as I arrived around 8pm.... I will be staying here on business approx another 3 times in 2014

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards, Claire Maddison, General Manager.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

There was a mix up with the room when we arrived, the receptionist was very smug and found it amusing we had travelled 270miles to be told the room would only hold four people after I booked online two adults two children and one cot. Receptionist said there was no other rooms available therefore I had to sleep in the car! We went to the restaurant attached for dinner poor choice of meals and over priced we left our meals. The room itself was cold when my disabled mother rang receptionist she was told to simply read instructions she then lost signal and with being disabled was unable to walk to reception and reception did not follow this up. The noise from traffic outside and people above aswell as room being cold kept them awake all night. Breakfast in the morning although was value for money and I would recommend. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Ashington Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashington
Eshott Hall
Eshott Hall
#1 of 1 in Eshott
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth...
#22 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/C...
#13 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
The White Swan Hotel
The White Swan Hotel
#5 of 5 in Alnwick

Been to Premier Inn Ashington Hotel? Share your experiences!