Arrived early at 12pm. Reception staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to find out if room was ready. Our allocated room wasn't ready but we were given a lovely room in the new part of the premier inn in a quiet area overlooking the lake. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. One member of staff even gave our daughter a birthday card and teddy on her special day which was very thoughtful. Great location as a base for exploring Northumberland. Holy island was approx 1hr drive away and we used the coastal road which was very scenic and lots of places to visit along the way. The Jolly Fisherman pub in Craster is a great stop off. The thing that let down the Premier Inn for us was the very poor service at the adjoining Brewers Fayre pub/ restaurant. We had no problems at breakfast but evening meal service and food quality was poor. We waited 50 minutes for a mixed grill which was cold when served. We ended up getting a refund and left the food. Would definitely stay at Premier Inn again and do breakfast at Brewers Fayre but not evening meals. The soft play area in the pub is great for young kids to keep them occupied and is open all the time for play.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your gateway to the great outdoors, Premier Inn Hotel Ashington is just a stone's throw from the Coastal Route, top-notch beaches, and gorgeous gardens. And, as the last Premier Inn before Scotland, it's a beautiful spot to break up a long journey. Spark your imagination at the epic Alnwick Castle. Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Or delve into history at the Woodhorn Colliery Museum. After a day's work or play, return to our country park setting, lakeside views, Brewers Fayre restaurant and extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. For energy efficiency reasons, the bedroom windows do not open at this Premier Inn. All rooms are fitted with air conditioning. Directions: From A1 North/South follow signs to Morpeth then Woodhorn Colliery Museum/ Ashington. Located in Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, next to entrance past the museum. From A19 take A189 coastal route at Cramlington continue on A189 for approx 10 miles. Next to the Woodhorn Grange Brewers Fayre. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: NE63 9AT Transport and local information: Pegswood Train Station 5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Ashington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Ashington
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Northumberland