We arrived on Sunday 29th June, firstly we had to ring for reception and wait, and wait and wait for someone to come, (from the bar with a glass in hand) they did not explain about the guaranteed good night sleep, or about if WiFi was available, Not every helpful,
Returned to reception later to get some tea bags, gave up as reception not maned again, rang bell several times without anyone coming, got feed up went back to room and had a bottle of water I had brought with me.
The evening meal deal was a shambles we were not shown too our reserved table just had to find it ourselves, no one explained if it was table service or not (had to order from the bar) tried to order only to be told that what we wanted was not available, made another choice again not available again, so ended up with something we did not really want, we then had to wait 30 minutes for some congealed soup, the main course was not much better looked like it had been cremated, None of the staff appeared interested in customer service with the exception of the barman in my opinion.
Monday, what a difference different a day makes different set staff who were helpful and courteous breakfast was hot and well cooked, and the staff in the restaurant were great the receptionist was friendly and wished us a nice day.
The room was clean and prepared too a typical premier Inn standard no problem with the room.
Again this is my personal experience but I would not use or recommend this particular Premier inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your gateway to the great outdoors, Premier Inn Hotel Ashington is just a stone's throw from the Coastal Route, top-notch beaches, and gorgeous gardens. And, as the last Premier Inn before Scotland, it's a beautiful spot to break up a long journey. Spark your imagination at the epic Alnwick Castle. Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Or delve into history at the Woodhorn Colliery Museum. After a day's work or play, return to our country park setting, lakeside views, Brewers Fayre restaurant and extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. For energy efficiency reasons, the bedroom windows do not open at this Premier Inn. All rooms are fitted with air conditioning. Directions: From A1 North/South follow signs to Morpeth then Woodhorn Colliery Museum/ Ashington. Located in Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, next to entrance past the museum. From A19 take A189 coastal route at Cramlington continue on A189 for approx 10 miles. Next to the Woodhorn Grange Brewers Fayre. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: NE63 9AT Transport and local information: Pegswood Train Station 5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Ashington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Ashington
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Northumberland