It is a number of years since I stayed in a Premier Inn, so when I booked I though it was quite expensive (approx. £80 per night) However the standard has risen so much I now consider it excellent value.
The first point I would make is that unless you know the area well, take your satnav with you. We did and it simplified what could have been a tricky navigational task! There were major works going on (previously advised) but this did not cause us any disruption, apart from parking. and this was very minor.
Check-in was simple and pleasant (on-line check-in available) and the room very comfortable - one of the best sleeps we have had. The restaurant was Brewer's Fayre where breakfast was an optional extra and we chose continental. It was more than adequate - pretty comprehensive in fact, with unlimited Costa coffee. The evening meal was simple, but appetising, pub grub. We ate before a certain time (6.30?) and got 2 mains for little more than the price of 1, and two sweets for I think £1 each. Not haute cuisine, but we really enjoyed it!
Something that was apparent, although we did not need it on this trip, was the amount of children's facilities, both outside the Premier Inn and inside the Restaurant - very impressive. There is an excellent walk around the lake - probably a 45/60 minute stroll. I have read of road noise - don't know where our room was but there was NO outside noise. If there is a negative comment, it is not about the hotel, the restaurant, or the staff which all rated VERY high, it would be that it does not seem like walking distance from anywhere - didn't affect us - it was perfect for our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your gateway to the great outdoors, Premier Inn Hotel Ashington is just a stone's throw from the Coastal Route, top-notch beaches, and gorgeous gardens. And, as the last Premier Inn before Scotland, it's a beautiful spot to break up a long journey. Spark your imagination at the epic Alnwick Castle. Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Or delve into history at the Woodhorn Colliery Museum. After a day's work or play, return to our country park setting, lakeside views, Brewers Fayre restaurant and extra-comfy beds. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. For energy efficiency reasons, the bedroom windows do not open at this Premier Inn. All rooms are fitted with air conditioning. Directions: From A1 North/South follow signs to Morpeth then Woodhorn Colliery Museum/ Ashington. Located in Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, next to entrance past the museum. From A19 take A189 coastal route at Cramlington continue on A189 for approx 10 miles. Next to the Woodhorn Grange Brewers Fayre. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: NE63 9AT Transport and local information: Pegswood Train Station 5 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Ashington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Ashington
- Premier Inn Ashington Hotel Northumberland