Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
Eshott Hall(Eshott)
US$172
US$155
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$109
US$188
US$135
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
US$79
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$80
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
Park Lodge Hotel(Whitley Bay)
US$128
All reviewscountry parkbrewers fayrerestaurant attachedqueen elizabeth iiroom overlooking the lakemeal dealair conditioninglarge lakenature reservelovely locationwoodhorn museumplay areafamily rooma ground floor roomgood nights sleepround the lakeno lift
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was a bit worried by the reviews as I had already booked for convenience en route to Bamburgh. I always book Premier now as on the one break we stayed at Travelodge in 2 hotels, the experience was verging on a nightmare. I have always found the ladies and gents at Premier lovely and caring, and this was no exception. We did have a problem with the extractor fan going on too long, and then there was a continual background buzzing noise all night, which gave us a very poor night's sleep, though my daughter in a nearby room said that she didn't have that problem. I even stuck my ear as far out of the window as it would go to see if it was the nearby turbine, but the blades were just whooshing away quietly. However, the room price was immediately refunded without a fuss, and it is just one of those things. I have to give a balanced view, so I will mention that there is a generic problem with the bath tread area at Premier Inns and other hotels, in that the area is dirty to varying degrees. I have fed back about this in the past, as it is a blot on the landscape. Premier aspire to be the best in its field, very successfully in my opinion, but this can't go on. It is the remnant from guest after guest, for heavens sake, which is enough to make you take a rubber shower mat as I do now. I suspect that if the (very cheerful) housekeepers were given the type of strong cleaner that I use, they would have to be kitted out in hazmat suits under current 'elf 'n safety'. But a simple steam-clean ought to do the job. This is one for higher management to resolve over the chain.

Our meal at Brewer's Fayre was fantastic. We had mixed grills and a free bottle of delicious Gallo rosé, with a voucher exchanged for our BF reward card points beforehand. Try this card - it is very worthwhile! The meal was really good value, and oh the runny egg on top of the gammon! It was so cleanly cooked that I thought that it was poached at first. Could have been the Gallo, which I swear was more like 14.5% than 9.5%. My daughter and I were nearly under the table by the time we finished the bottle. Later we decided on the hair of the dog that bit you, and split another bottle of wine 3 ways on a bench by the lake in the company of the sleeping swans. Marv! The petit-pois tasted very fresh and not overcooked. Problems do arise sometimes as in the reviews, but even as a great-grandmother myself, I wouldn't find it relaxing to eat among a load of joyful children, so I can sympathise. But our experience was 1st-class! 10/10 all round at Ashington!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GMPremierInn11, General Manager at Premier Inn Ashington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good location, right on cycle route and accessible through country park. Clean and comfortable room, but not cheap. No cycle parking! Pub on site with good menu choices and play area.
Good value for family room expensive for single. Breakfast better than expected.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your comments; I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is your usual Premier Inn. Clean room, safe, good flat screen tv but with the real bonus of being in a country park. There's a mile long walk around the lake and swans to feed!!

The staff in The Premier Inn were excellent. Very helpful and friendly.

However, some of the staff in the Brewer's Fayre really really need training in customer service.

I would have to be desperate to visit the Brewers Fayre again. Pity as it really lets down the Premier Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting Northumberland. Very pleasant stay. The lady on reception was very welcoming and helpful and the room was comfortable and spacious. Hotel on a small lake with some swans and ducks etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMPremierInn11, General Manager at Premier Inn Ashington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed many times at this lovely place ..but this time Extractor Fan in Bathroom was supposed to turn off after about five minutes when you turned bathroom light off.. but it didnt what a noise it lasted 45 to 50 mins before it stopped ..when we went to use bathroom ..we thought don't turn light on..to late forgot! another lot of sleep lost tired in the morning when we checked out I mentioned to the lady at reception she said it should of stopped after five minutes she will get maintenance to check it out..no offer of money back didn't seem that bothered at all matter of fact where is the usual happy and helpful staff?

Room Tip: We usually stay in room 5..but because of building work stayed in room 3.. stay in room over looking the lake lovely place to stay apart from that noisy extractor fan in Bathroom. the rooms are immaculate, spotless the cleaners works so very hard to keep it looking like that well done to the cleaners.
1  Thank vronsomerset

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.