“We tried this hotel for lunch and found a gem.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mill House Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Ashington
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We were looking for a nice restaurant to take friends to for dinner. We decided to try the Mill House for lunch first before taking our friends. The lunch was excellent, nicely presented and very tasty. The host was very friendly and we shall certainly return for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Mill House Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I took two friends for a special birthday meal. We were not disappointed. The food, reception and service were all very good. The only weakness was the approach, up a road (not owned by the hotel) which had a few potholes: not enough to cause damage to the car! Once you know that, if is not a problem. The poor road did not detract from the evening. We will certainly continue to patronise the restaurant.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I had a very enjoyable stay for 3 weeks. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food was fantastic with a excellent breakfast. I am now looking forward to returning there for another week in August..

1  Thank SteveepRayong
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and I took an Aunt to stay at Mill House as we were attending a wedding in the area. We all found the staff very welcoming and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and very clean and tidy. We dined in on our first evening and found the food to be nicely presented and well cooked. Breakfast is excellant, we were well catered for. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 January 2008

We visited this restaurant yesterday and the ambience and feel of the place initially seems very nice.

The reason for attending the Mill House hotel is because we love food and unfortunately this is where it all goes wrong.

The food was overcooked and if not refried. The vegetables were clearly old and recooked - even having roast potatoes being fried! The pigeon and pork was totally over cooked and the steak seemed to come with a packet made sauce.

For the same price, better cuisine, and a friendly atmosphere I'd try Drakes Hotel Brighton, The Ginerman Brighton, One Paston Place, Whites in Steyning and many other restaurants.

When complaining, the owner simply had attitude and no resolution was made. I would avoid if you really want a good evening with good food and not to have your time wasted.

We arrived at 8:30pm sat in the bar for 20 minutes and had two courses delivered in the space of 40 minutes. The bread was also overcooked, despite it being bought frozen.

The local produce would more appear to be from the Co - op other than some local farmer who cares about his produce. The Mill House Hotel clearly doesn't care about their reputation.

When complaining via email - all I recieved was an argumentative response whereby the Chef/Proprietor had shown my email to other guests!

AVOID AVOID AVOID!