“Gourgous”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Newbiggin
“Gourgous”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Iv been 3 times now and every time has been fantastic all my boxes were ticked I wud def recommend this restaurant

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Newbigginlass

Bedlington, United Kingdom
“Meal out with Hubby”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First time in this Sambuca but will be back. We went at 5 past 5 on a Saturday afternoon. The lunchtime special finished at 5 but they still let us have it. 3 courses for £3.95. We both had potato skins which were a meal in themselves. Very filling, nice and crispy. I had the spaghetti bolognaise, which was absolutely delicious, hubby had the spicy pepperoni pizza, he said it was very spicy, made his lips tingle. We had the ice cream for dessert and that was lovely. All told for the food and a couple of soft drinks it came to £12! The staff were lovely, very attentive, quick to clear the dishes away and we only waited a few minutes between courses. The only thing that put me off a little bit was the staff tend to stand around at the edge of the tables to clear away and I felt like they were watching our every move, a bit off putting but still had a lovely time.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank minidriver28
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“Good food in a good atmosphere.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Recently visited on a busy Saturday night, service was a bit slow but they were rushed off their feet and it was only the weekend after they opened. Waiters were very attentive, food on the main menu was cheap as chips but we went for the specials board, I had goats cheese bruschetta with red onion marmalade while my friend had deep fried brie, they were both lovely. The presentation was very good too, something you don't often get in a cheaper restaurant. My main course was a chicken breast stuffed with sun dried tomatoes in a creamy tomato sauce with veg, it was lovely but the only thing I did not like was that the chicken breast had a huge leg looking bone in. My fried had risotto and didn't enjoy it very much as she said it was bland. We also had a bottle of rose wine which was just the cheap stuff and very sweet but about drinkable. The bill for the above was around £45 which wasn't bad considering we didn't have the cheaper food. All in all I enjoyed my food and will be going back soon, maybe just with a different friend.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Mycrazylife88
Northumberland,England
“Mixed!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First visit since it opened, having heard that it was good. Food was fine and service very good, the major problem for me was the very loud clubland music and clientele allowing their kids to run around and hang over the table we were sitting at! We did ask for the music to be turned down which it was but felt that they were reluctant to do it. Décor not really changed since previous owners which again a bit disappointing.
My daughter ordered ice cream as a dessert which did not materialise and my coffee could of been a bit warmer.
Plus side, very reasonable, well cooked food but lacks any atmosphere apart from the 'thump thump' of rave music!
Not too sure of the staff members 'Italian' accents either!

• Visited June 2014