“Perfect choice”
Review of Blacketts of Bamburgh - CLOSED

Blacketts of Bamburgh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A very special little restaurant in the heart of bamburgh with a wide selection of dishes to choose from
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect choice”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We enjoyed a lovely meal and a great evening at Blacketts. The menu has a great choice of food. Our meals were very well cooked and presented and the service excellent. Already looking forward to our next visit to Bamburgh and a meal at Blacketts

1 Thank JaneyH2014

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant, just had coffee”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were in Bamburgh for a long weekend and had just walked along beach with our 9 month old Springer Spaniel, and were walking through village centre looking for coffee. Blacketts staff very welcoming and helpful, served coffee no problem.
I noticed they sold beer and wine also and with help from waiter/owner( i am not sure) i bought a couple of bottles from the Wylem Brewery and they were excellent.
We are coming back in July for two weeks and will be back for coffee, more beer and food based on the other reviews.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic , perfect food and great people .”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I live in Liverpool and visit my family every year at Xmas and we always go to Blacketts for a meal. It makes my holiday going there as the food is some of the most tastiest food I've ever tryed . The seafood and the stake is always cooked to profection and as fresh as u can get. Keep up all the good work and I'll see u all in the summer , can't wait!!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect all-rounder!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I decided to visit Blacketts after we were delighted with our previous visit last year. I must say - it was even better the second time around!! They have a new menu which was really varied and I found it difficult to choose (in a good way) with so many mouth-watering options available. I ordered the Seafood Platter which tasted amazing. Really fresh and beautifully presented. The homemade Fishcakes being the jewel in the crown - delicious!!
They cater for all, including children. A good family friendly restaurant with a warm-hearted welcoming feel. This place is great for food together with a nice beer or wine, of which there is a very comprehensive selection. good sized portions, value for money and excellent service. We left Blacketts, with full satisfied stomachs and a smile on our face - We will be back again and again.

• Visited March 2014
“Outstanding place to eat”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Visited Blacketts on a quiet Monday night have to say the new menu has a wonderful array of selection in it. I want for the seafood platter to start with and it tasted excellent and then I went for Veggie main again the veg was as fresh as you can get. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal and it also has a wide variety of funky drinks. Highly recommend people to try this place as it's one of Bamburgh's hidden gems