“Great place to stay”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bamburgh
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Good accomodation with comfortable beds,quiet rooms and staff who are welcoming and attentive.The meals in the restaurant and the bar were excellent and they were willing and able to cater for my special diet. A great place to be based to explore the surrounding area and just what we needed for a few days away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
vicbamburgh, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you for your recent review on your recent stay with us, we always aim to be able to cater for special dietary requirements and I am delighted that on this occasion we did not disappoint. I have passed your comments on to all departments and hope to welcome you back to The Victoria Hotel again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Although not a guest at the Hotel, during my 4 day visit last week I popped into" The Vic" every morning for my Double Expresso and every evening for a quiet glass of wine in front of the fire.
Two people stood out of the crowd for overall efficiency, and warm welcome, Laura Hindmarsh and Alex Lorraine, made my stay!
Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent experience at The Victoria Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff have gone that extra mile to deliver the exceptional service we aim to deliver. Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Eight golfing friends spent three days at the Vic. The rooms were clean and tidy and showers were great. The staff were excellent looking after all our needs. They could not do enough for us. We had three scrumptious evening meals accompanied with some lovely red wine. We are already looking to book again next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
vicbamburgh, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Many thanks for leaving a review ragarding your recent stay, it is always a pleasure to see returning guests......we must be doing something right! See you all again very soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Open til quite late. Inviting entrance. Nice and clean.

Accomodating bar staff allowed boys watch Sky Sports. Comfy sofas, nice decor. Drinks not cheap but not astronomical either. Safe bet for a drink. Cannot comment on sleep over.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank for taking the time to leave a review about our bar area, I am pleased you hear you enjoyed you experience, maybes next time you're in the area you could try out our accommodation!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Really enjoyed several nights in a row of bar meals. Good variety of tasty dishes and very happy with the service and reasonable prices. Was not staying at the hotel so this review relates to the bar meals only.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
vicbamburgh, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent visit to us for bar meals, It a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed it so much you returned to us several times. Maybes next time you're in the area you could stay with us!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

A very relaxed and enjoyable stay. Staff were very accommodating, the room was comfortable, very clean and warm. The restaurant food was very good as was the service. I would have no hesitation in returning. Great location and wonderful warm friendly Northumbrians!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay with us, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed good food and good service during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

decided to pay a return visit to this hotel as hadn't been for over 5 years but used to be excellent and had even spent 2 christmases there. so my mum and I went up for a night away for her birthday and oh dear...ji has gone down hill and we were dissapointed. there was a ;lack of a management structure, the customer service left a lot to be desired and the food was average (but not an average price) couldn't believe a man called Chris was meant to be the restaurant manager (no people skills) I have spent all my working life in hospitality and am now a customer service trainer so I know am hard to please but they really could do with some training!!
The most annoying thing was the staff were all sat at the bar as from 10.30pm and made it fairly obvious they wanted us (paying guests) to leave! very very unprofessional to even have the staff sitting there and made me very uncomfortable.and to me is not acceptable. needless to say we will not be returning as the money we paid did not reflect the service we got

Room Tip: they could all do with a lick of paint i think
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
vicbamburgh, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I am very disappointed that your recent experience at The Victoria Hotel did not live up to your expectations. We always aim to deliver excellent customer service and it appears on this occasion we did not. I am very sorry that you felt uncomfortable in our bar area, this has surprised me as I usually only receive positive feedback about our bar staff and Chris in particular. I will be discussing your points with the team and expressing my disappointment in the situation. I do hope you will return so that we can show you the real Victoria Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburgh
2 mi away
Purdy Lodge
Purdy Lodge
#1 of 1 in Belford
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#2 of 3 in Berwick-upon-Tweed
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!