All reviewsfamily hometea and cakegreen roombudle bayholy islandthe secret gardencountry housewalk along the beachsweeping staircaseoffered teagreat place for familygrand pianohonesty barbeautiful houseporridgesitting room'lived in'
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A warm welcome from Ralph and Celia and Ziggy their dog. Our room was spacious, light and airy and the bathroom equally so. The bed and pillows were the best I have ever stayed on away and were pure luxury. Breakfast was all from local or home grown produce and our hosts were attentive to every need. A lovely family, lovely room and super tasty breakfast. A lovely tranquil location. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Budle Hall is a lovely country house, in beautiful countryside, with sheep almost on the doorstep. Our suite of rooms was ideal for our family of four. Ralph was a perfect host; we felt more as though we were visiting old friends, rather than staying in a stranger's home. Breakfast was delicious. My children are already asking when we can visit again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am loathe to award another 5 stars to Budle Hall and it's wonderful hosts - not that it doesn't deserve it. In fact, I'd give it 6 if I could. It's just that I'd like it to be my little secret and I don't want to share it. It was a perfect stay, the only difficulty being how to pack the superb breakfast in each morning. All the rest has already been said.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at this beautifully situated and characterful house as I walked part of the Northumberland Coastal Path. My hosts were enormously considerate, hospitable and engaging and my stay was both comfortable, peaceful and conversational. I was walking with my dog and the owners are 'pet-friendly'. This is somewhere where any quietly discerning traveller, whether on foot or travelling by car, will feel at home

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RosieDoodle
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Another wonderful stay at Budle Hall, a spectacular, charming family-owned and run country house set in beautiful Northumberland parkland close to the sea. Everything about it is perfect including the setting, the rooms with period furnishings and excellent views, and breakfast in the old family dining room. Excellent location for exploring Bamburgh and the surrounding countryside and then recovering afterwards. Extra touches include large bath towels, hot water bottles in your bed, really comfortable beds, the welcome with tea and cakes and oodles of family history, We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple