All reviewsfamily hometea and cakegreen roombudle bayholy islandthe secret gardencountry housewalk along the beachsweeping staircaseoffered teagreat place for familygrand pianohonesty barbeautiful houseporridgesitting room'lived in'
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Probably the best B&B we have stayed in! From the moment of arrival Ralph & Celia made us feel as if we we personal guests, not paying guests in their stately hall. Our room was huge, light and airy with a bathroom to match. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice using local produce. The situation is great for all tourist activities and we will certainly stay again. Go try it for yourselves...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have never given five stars before, but that is the only grade that can be given here. What a fantastic place. You spend the first 10 minutes wondering if you have arrived at some grand estate house, the next 10 admiring the awesome hall and staircase, before you are ushered into a stately drawing room for tea (and in our case some tremendous flapjack).

The bedrooms are amazing, and everything is so clean and sumptuous.

Added to this, Ralph and Celia are lovely hosts. They insisted on washing our cycling kit and gave us a lift to a pub for dinner. They are so relaxed and friendly. You really feel welcome and can relax in the astounding surroundings.

The whole experience continues through breakfast which is a very high standard indeed.

I have stayed in many hotels all over UK and abroad - this really is up there with the very best. take a visit and you will know what I mean. I am already booking my next trip...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank inb_edin
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A warm welcome from Ralph and Celia and Ziggy their dog. Our room was spacious, light and airy and the bathroom equally so. The bed and pillows were the best I have ever stayed on away and were pure luxury. Breakfast was all from local or home grown produce and our hosts were attentive to every need. A lovely family, lovely room and super tasty breakfast. A lovely tranquil location. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Budle Hall is a lovely country house, in beautiful countryside, with sheep almost on the doorstep. Our suite of rooms was ideal for our family of four. Ralph was a perfect host; we felt more as though we were visiting old friends, rather than staying in a stranger's home. Breakfast was delicious. My children are already asking when we can visit again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am loathe to award another 5 stars to Budle Hall and it's wonderful hosts - not that it doesn't deserve it. In fact, I'd give it 6 if I could. It's just that I'd like it to be my little secret and I don't want to share it. It was a perfect stay, the only difficulty being how to pack the superb breakfast in each morning. All the rest has already been said.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple