All reviews family home tea and cake yellow room budle bay the secret garden holy island country house walk along the beach sweeping staircase offered tea great place for family grand piano refectory style honesty bar beautiful house great hosts other guests
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic place to stay if you are visiting Northumberland. The hall is a beautiful 19th century building and the rooms are excellent. From a night-cap in your own private drawing room to a fabulous breakfast in the wonderful dining room what more could you want from a visit?! The hosts are very friendly and welcoming and I think £50 pppn in such surroundings is excellent value. Our only disappointment was that we were only staying for one night. We will / must return!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for one night by myself in the Yellow Room. For starters, the Hall itself is incredible. A beautiful stately house that makes you feel like you stepped into an Austen novel! But it is very warm and welcoming, you feel very much at home. The room was large, well-maintained and comfy. The owners are so incredibly kind and are lovely, genuine people. I had arrived from Edinburgh by train and bus and they were more than happy to give me a couple of lifts to Bamburgh during my stay. For anyone coming to this area without a car, there is a reliable bus service from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Newcastle (x18) that stops right outside the Hall, in Bamburgh, and in Seahouses. Also possible to land on Holy Island by taking a boat trip from Seahouses that goes around the Farne Islands too. I would highly recommend Budle Hall and I will definitely make sure that I come back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank riley_2343
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My son and I stayed at this Bed and Breakfast for one night (Friday 4th July) in the red room and were very impressed. We had friends staying in one of the other suites too. Celia and Ralph gave us such a warm welcome and provided us with a tray of tea and cakes on arrival. We were made to feel totally at home from the minute we walked in. The kids were shown where games were and almost immediately starting playing monopoly! The rooms were lovely and the beds were so comfortable and luxurious. Breakfast was amazing and some of it was even served up by one of Celia and Ralph's sons who was so polite! Would definitely recommend this B and B to anyone and will definitely be back ourselves. Thank you Celia and Ralph!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chend72
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our seven-year-old son refers to Budle Hall as "the best hotel ever," and the three of us certainly had a lovely time there, thanks to Celia, Ralph, Kip and Walter's warmth and hospitality. People sometimes talk of being made to feel at home at B&Bs, but I think this is the first time I've really had that experience. Our son was introduced to archery and all kinds of northern outdoor pursuits with Kip and Walter; my husband and I enjoyed learning about the history of the house and the excellent coffee and conversation. We stayed in the pink rooms, which are very spacious and comfortable for a family (with a wonderful clawfoot tub in the middle of the huge bathroom). The location is ideal for walking on the beach and exploring Bamburgh. The only downside of our visit has been our son's incessant pleas to return immediately!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank blueinx
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Such a warm welcome from Celia and Ralph on our arrival. We came with 2 boys ages 5 and 3. Celia whisked them off to show them the extensive gardens and playroom whilst serving us tea and cake outside. We all felt looked after and on instantly on holiday. We stayed in the pink rooms, interconnecting family rooms with enormous private bathroom. Beautiful, spacious rooms with lots of extras including plenty teas/ coffees/ biscuits, toiletries in bathroom and collection of DVDs, magazines and books. We were even offered babysitting should we wish to put children to bed and enjoy an evening out. Tasty breakfast served at large table with other guests, lovely to meet new people and share plans for the day. Perfect location for exploring Bamburgh, Holy island and Sea houses. We shall be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family