“Really good place for a holiday”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Longlands Retreat

Double Bedroom
Private fully enclosed garden 1
Rear of the Kitchen
Dining area in kitchen
Bunk beds in bedroom three.  The bunk bed has now been replaced with a wooden frame
Bedroom two made up as two singles
Bedroom two made up as a kingsize bed
The Snug
St Ebbs Church in the Village
The Beadnell Towers
Childrens Playground in the Village
Beadnell Harbour 5 minutes walk away
View from the dunes at Beadnell
Rocks off  Harbour Road, Beadnell - great for rock pooling
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Alison C
“Really good place for a holiday”
Reviewed 27 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Longlands Retreat is an excellent place to stay. The house is well equipped, clean and well positioned for all the amenities Beadnell has to offer - beach, shop and eateries. The garden is fully enclosed so good for our two dogs and the area surrounding Beadnell is beautiful. All in all we had a very pleasant and relaxing holiday.

9 Jun 2018
Thank you Alison, I try to make it a real home from home. I am glad you had a lovely holiday.
revarch63...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely first class accommodation.”
Reviewed 7 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This is a first class holiday rental property!! In the last 30 years my wife and I have rented some very good properties, but this one is way up there. A good quiet location, short distance from the beach and dog friendly with a secure garden area. Inside the bungalow is clean, warm tastefully decorated and equipped to a very, very high standard, everything you needed was there, a real home from home. As this was our first visit to Northumberland I felt it the ideal base to explore some beautiful countryside and coast. At this time of year my wife and I need a holiday where we can just unwind, chill out and relax, Beadnell is the ideal place and Longlands Retreat is the ideal property. Hats off to the owners for offering such a splendid property to rent. I am sure we will return in the future.

7 Nov 2017
Thank you so much for a wonderful review, I do try my best for it to be a real home from home. I really hope you do return again.
Reviewed 29 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

26 Jun 2017
Thanks for the review, I am pleased you had a great return visit.
Julie W
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Wonderful accommodation in delightful area”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Our family, including a ten year old and small dog, visited this lovely property for the second time and it was just as good as we remembered. It comfortably accommodates 6 people and has everything you might need. Kitchen stocked with plenty of utensils. Washer/dishwasher always make life on holiday easier. The bedrooms are beautifully furnished and beds very comfortable. Lounge is lovely and there was plenty of space for us. The "den" has a PlayStation, although we didn't get chance to use as weather was so good! Great selection of books and games - we enjoyed a game of Monopoly and Cluedo. Fully enclosed garden lovely to sit in and child/dog safe. It was a lovely suntrap and I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet area watching the wildlife. Literally minutes walk to beach and about a 5-10 minute walk to a vast beach next to the harbour. Would HIGHLY recommend this property - will definitely visit again!!! Both Beadnell and Longlands Retreat are idyllic places to visit

Gillian R
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 10 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely, relaxing week at Longlands Retreat. The location is perfect for exploring the Northumbrian coast. There are lots of interesting villages, castles and of course beaches, a short drive from Beadnell. The house is a few minute walk from the beach and quaint harbour. Perfect for evening strolls or early morning dog walks. None of the local beaches have dog restrictions so it is a great area for dog walking.
The house was cosy, comfortable and very well equipped. We do mainly self catering on holiday and the kitchen had everything you could need. The garden was fully enclosed and had comfortable garden furniture. The house was spotlessly clean and was the perfect place to relax after a day out exploring.

12 Apr 2017
I am so pleased you had a lovely holiday at Longlands Retreat. Thanks for the positive review.
Joan I
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Need your batteries recharging? Look no further than Longlands Retreat!”
Reviewed 19 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Two friends, my husband and myself have just returned from five idyllic days in Beadnell and surrounding area. Staying at Longlands Retreat gave us easy access to Seahouses (The Ship Inn is a must), Amble (Visit the lovely little shopping pods and the very quaint Shack Cafe on the Harbour), Alnwick, Warkworth (Beach walk - Lovely) and Bamburgh (Beach and Castle) and we visited all of them! We walked on the beaches, enjoyed the lovely cafes and bars in each place and were blown away by the friendliness and warmth of everyone we met.
Apart from the Saturday, we were really, really lucky with the weather. However, on that one rainy day we visited the huge second hand book shop housed in the old Alnwick Railway Station - really worth a visit and the cafe there is marvellous. We visited the Craster Arms in Beadnell for dinner on two of the evenings. The food there is very good and the portion sizes? Wow! Not for the fainthearted.
We could not have had more warm and comfortable accommodation. Everything in the property is first class from the bed rooms, the bathroom, the sitting room, and the kitchen. We couldn't believe the fantastic array of high quality kitchen equipment and utensils. You have thought of everything. Thank you so much also for the welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk and biscuits and, of course, the wine.
We have all returned home relaxed, stress free and a tad overweight but who cares! Must return soon. It was fab!

Your age range 65+
19 Mar 2017
Thank you for such a wonderful review and I am glad you all had a such a great holiday. I have tried to make Longlands Retreat a real home from home, where everything is to hand. I hope you return sometime soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing