“Fabulous!”
Review of Beach Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beadnell
Beach Court
Ranked #6 of 8 Beadnell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at beach court this August and couldn't have had a more relaxing and comfortable stay. It is a gorgeous house, beautifully appointed and kept yet very friendly and easy going. Carole is an elegant host and was able to give us local information just as we were thinking about what to do next! The rooms and bathrooms are spacious, comfortable and beautifully presented and there are fascinating pieces of interest all over the house. We plan to come back as often as work allows us to. Michael and Naeema

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Naeema H

Reviewed 27 May 2014

It is hard to follow the previous excellent and very true reviews except to say that this is one B+B simply not to be missed.
Absolutely everything about the place (and indeed the irresistible and amazing hostess Carole) is just fantastic.
The location is simply to die for, right on the edge of Beadnell Bay and the small harbor - so peaceful and tranquil and also on the end of a private road so there is no passing or noisy traffic, just the crash of the waves when the tide comes in.
My partner Debs and I (oh - and also our Whippet dog "Dave") stopped in The "Cheviot" room and it alone was amazing. From the spacious bed, to the sooo comfortable sofas to the whirlpool bath (ideal after a long days exploring!!) and last but not least our very own "Crows nest" which was an extra wee room at the top of a small windy stairway. It was a great place to have a morning cuppa whilst flicking through one of the numerous and interesting books in the room.
We stopped for three nights and were made to feel totally and completely at ease in Carole and Russ's spotless home (Google "Russ Field" of Shawaddywaddy fame - yes, Russ is the one and very same, now delighting the local area with his musical prowess). Dave too was pampered and fussed and pets are made every bit as welcome as their owners!
I will finish at the beginning - Breakfast - if the vast choice of cereals, fresh fruit and yogurts is not enough then Carole's cooked FULL English breakfast will indeed be enough to see you through until evening and all local produce too.
This is one place that we will return too - and again - and again.

Room Tip: The Cheviot Room is amazing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shane_debs6
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner booked the hotel and told me we were staying in a room in the turret of a castle, so I didnt know what to expect! We arrived and found the B+B without too much trouble -its hidden away down side roads but can't be missed from the beach -it really is a unique building and all visitors to Beadnell know it.

The location is fantastic -overlooking, and a few steps from, Beadnells white sand beach. Our room had a sea view from all windows and an even better one from the small room at the top of the turret accessed by a spiral stair case. The room was large and comfy with a huge bed with crisp duvet in which we had 2 great nights sleeps. The bathroom was similarly large, modern and very clean.

The decor is best described as quirky with assorted knick-knacks, ornaments and cuddly toys throughout the house. Some small hotels have a sterile feel but theres no escaping the fact that Beach Court is Carole and Russ's home, and it reflects their own unique style.

They are a friendly couple and Carole is a font of knowledge on the local area and many other subjects. She loves to chat whilst serving the very tasty, home cooked breakfast and treats guests like old friends (its clear many are, returning for multiple visits)

The B+B is very animal friendly and guests are able to bring their own dogs (which is an obvious attraction as nearly everyone in Beadnell seems to have a dog!). Carole and Russ have a large sheepdog called Ben, who is friendly but may unnerve any guests who are scared of dogs. They also have a lovely Manx cat, a dove cote and aviary with assorted finches. Theres a real feel of nature about the place and lots of places to relax, such as the lounge with various marine artefacts and interesting books and a conservatory (though I tended to find the heat in there a bit over powering)

We stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed our time there. I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, but this one is really memorable - for the room, the location, the quirky decor and the friendliness of the owners. We certainly intend to return which is as good a recommendation as I can give.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LS13
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a simply amazing place. We found it online, and were immediately drawn to the idea of a tower room. As it turned out, our room was the length of the building, with a small spiral staircase leading up into the upper floor of the tower!
Carole & Russ are the nicest people you could meet. And Carole has one or two stories to keep you amused during her wonderful breakfasts :-)
The view from each of our many windows was fabulous.
The room was huge, and decorated with a great eye for detail.
The bathroom was also spacious and well lit. And they have wi-fi, and t.v, and all the other things that people think are "important", but it doesn't matter. We were greeted by 2 lovely people and we stayed in a marvelous room. We watched the sun come up, we walked along Beadnell's beautiful beach. We saw the local kite surfers being lifted high into the air, and watched the sun go down from our window seat while getting ready to go out for our evening meal. We slept in the most comfortable bed ever. And if not for the need to photograph the sunrise, and eventually go back to work, we'd be there still...

We've never stayed anywhere like it before, but certainly would like to again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgeDenise
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The pictures do not do this justice. The hosts are lovely, inviting and warm, nothing is too much trouble for them. We took our cockapoo with us and he was made to feel most welcome, with a special treat for breakfast for him. The scenery is stunning, the local walks are wonderful. Everything is perfect.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for The Cheviot Suite, stunning views and home from home.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheeseychips
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This wonderful home is absolutely perfect ! This was our second visit and we're already hoping it won't too long before we can return. Carole and Russell have thought of everything to make their guests feel totally comfortable and relaxed, indeed we feel so much at home here that it is rather like visiting well loved friends ! The Cheviot suite is stunning, the tower magical and the views are superb.
The close proximity to the beach is ideal for us and also for our two retriever dogs who seem to love staying at Beach Court as much as we do. They are made very welcome and this is a real bonus as they always travel with us. The whole area is very accommodating to visiting with canine companions.
Our breakfasts each day were lovely, with so much choice of fruits, cereals and yogurts. Carole's cooking is fabulous and nothing is too much trouble for her. One morning we enjoyed some very tasty Craster kippers, cooked to perfection.
Conversation flowed, the ambiance of Beach Court was second to none and despite staying for four nights, the time went far too quickly.
We are already looking forward to visiting Carole and Russell again, thank you both so much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FellwalkersCumbria
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've travelled worldwide as part of my job, yet this is one place that keeps calling me back. I used it as a retreat last October for a few days after dropping my daughter off at University in Durham to give me some breathing space after the madness of preparing for uni and all it entails! I hadn't stayed away with our dog before and was initially a little nervous as to whether he would be ok in such a lovely and well kept place, but he was made more than welcome, and indeed was completely fussed over on our second visit this July when I picked my daughter up and took her to stay as well. The rooms are gorgeous, the whole house is an eclectic mix of - well just about everything, yet as my daughter pointed out, it all seems to just fit together. Carole is an excellent hostess and nothing is too much trouble. The peace and tranquility I gained from just a few nights' stay did me the power of good after what had been a challenging year. I promised myself I would do some work if I was to "treat" myself to the luxury of a few days away, and got everything I needed done from my room overlooking the beautiful beach only feet away from the house. There is so much to do and see around the area, but frankly, I'd be happy to just sit in the living room or the bedroom and watch the sea with occasional trips down the path and along the beach. I was half expecting our stay in July to be much busier on the beach, but it was still a well kept secret. Heavenly. Am saving hard to afford a longer stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo